Can Am Monster Maveric Wins Baja 500

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
It is a great win by a great driver. So once the XPK1 has been on the racing scene for year, do you think the domination of Can Am will be over? just busting your balls! :D

I really enjoyed tracking the race and it makes if more fun when you have different manufactures battling it out.
The Wife makes up some Bad Ass Tacos and I have a few Cold Beers and Holy Shit a Lot of Posting Hehehe. I do have a Spanish taco makin wife LOL. So .
anyhow Like I said Sandy Pooolaris has Been refining there machines and Honing them to there perfection over the years and the best they have is the XP1K. That has been years in development it is not new by any means. Its the final product of years of testing and building . correct. Mavericks are brand New, Not an Evolution of product testing racing development. That means the Next Gen Mav will be more Refined and something better than the last Gen 1 , Right. at least that's the plan. So it went RZR, RZR Gordon model, Jagged XP 900 4, XP900s and better yet the XP1k is that Progress or is that Backward and leading from Behind Like Obama.:eek:

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
If Polaris or anyone else who pays for us to create cool stuff stopped paying because of whatever reason then we just keep doing what we have always done.. Which is work our asses off by attending every race, event and ride we can to take photos and write stories. It was only a couple years ago when no one paid us for anything but banner ads.

FWIW, we did some cool stuff with Can Am last year and we hope to do more.

With that said, why rely solely on Can Am to pay for media? If they won't do it then find the budget from other sponsors!! Marc Burnett has paid to just do his own content in the past.

Maybe he will again... He does have an extra G burning a hole in his pocket now...lol

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
If Polaris or anyone else who pays for us to create cool stuff stopped paying because of whatever reason then we just keep doing what we have always done.. Which is work our asses off by attending every race, event and ride we can to take photos and write stories. It was only a couple years ago when no one paid us for anything but banner ads.

FWIW, we did some cool stuff with Can Am last year and we hope to do more.

With that said, why rely solely on Can Am to pay for media? If they won't do it then find the budget from other sponsors!! Marc Burnett has paid to just do his own content in the past.

That's what I'm saying Joey, if that happened it will take this site and what you have built a few steps backward. I know nobody want's to see that happen.

utvpros

Feb 14, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations to the Monster Mav team on their Baja 500 win and to all that finished the event. Any coverage, no matter the driver, co-driver, team or manufacturer involved is greatly appreciated. I remember (because it was not that long ago) when UTVUnderground was just starting out. Thanks Joey! for being one of those who have and continue to advance the sport to where it is today and can become tomorrow.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Where the Hell are the WildKittens at.:D:eek::):confused::cool:

I do believe the factory tonka wildcat of Todd Romano has now been put on the back burner... Hans could probably give more insight into that though.

There was two wildcats at the 500 I do believe though...

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The Wife makes up some Bad Ass Tacos and I have a few Cold Beers and Holy Shit a Lot of Posting Hehehe. I do have a Spanish taco makin wife LOL. So .
anyhow Like I said Sandy Pooolaris has Been refining there machines and Honing them to there perfection over the years and the best they have is the XP1K. That has been years in development it is not new by any means. Its the final product of years of testing and building . correct. Mavericks are brand New, Not an Evolution of product testing racing development. That means the Next Gen Mav will be more Refined and something better than the last Gen 1 , Right. at least that's the plan. So it went RZR, RZR Gordon model, Jagged XP 900 4, XP900s and better yet the XP1k is that Progress or is that Backward and leading from Behind Like Obama.:eek:
Well the Commander was raced in the desert and across the country in different settings. So is it not fair to say the Maverick was the result of those race programs. It does share basically the same frame. :D

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
It's marketing gents. It's part of your life everyday. Do you see more Ford commercials than Lambo? When you go to dinner and ask for Coke and they say Pepsi do you storm out because they did not offer a fair soda offering?

Racing is a massive part of the RZR program. Marketing the racing effort is what they do.

I go to most races, I take photos of the cars out front. After the first 5 to 10 cars pass I am not interested.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
The maverick is still using the same utility motor for a while now and IMHO their suspension setup is inferior as well as there shock motion ratios. If you start with this platform to race I think you are at a disadvantage.

The credit here should be going to Marc and Reid for hard work building,preparing, and driving the Monster Mav. Kudos to you guys!

All of you mad about the Bad Ass Videos Polaris is paying Joey to make should be crying to Can Am. Nobody ever accused me of being a Polaris fan but nobody is doing more for this sport.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Well the Commander was raced in the desert and across the country in different settings. So is it not fair to say the Maverick was the result of those race programs. It does share basically the same frame. :D
Ohhhhhhh jeeeeeesus the Commander was never a race car or intended to be one. its a Rhino basically a big heavy farm unit. no long travel ,not intended to be a sport UTV. Sorry Bro that Spin don't play. Polaris has been Honing there program for years and trying to progress it on the cheap. LOL. I have a hard time with there build quality on everything they build. look at the Quads they build. Cheap and spindly like Chinese junk. Arctic Cat is right there with them. I owned the Cat and there Junk. Im embarrassed by the fact they like to claim there American Made cause that Junk don't Fly as American Quality. Unless its a Dodge Neon Hehehe. It really is that Bad I think and maybe Im wrong but am I. Fit and Finish of the Polaris and Arctic Kitty is Poor at Best. They need to step it up.

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
The maverick is still using the same utility motor for a while now and IMHO their suspension setup is inferior as well as there shock motion ratios. If you start with this platform to race I think you are at a disadvantage.

The credit here should be going to Marc and Reid for hard work building,preparing, and driving the Monster Mav. Kudos to you guys!

All of you mad about the Bad Ass Videos Polaris is paying Joey to make should be crying to Can Am. Nobody ever accused me of being a Polaris fan but nobody is doing more for this sport.
X2 :D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
You guys are killn it tonight! I'm going back over to FB to relax my nerves......

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
What about the fact that Polaris sponsors a pro-lite truck.... The ace looks like a 4wd wheelchair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Ohhhhhhh jeeeeeesus the Commander was never a race car or intended to be one. its a Rhino basically a big heavy farm unit. no long travel ,not intended to be a sport UTV. Sorry Bro that Spin don't play. Polaris has been Honing there program for years and trying to progress it on the cheap. LOL. I have a hard time with there build quality on everything they build. look at the Quads they build. Cheap and spindly like Chinese junk. Arctic Cat is right there with them. I owned the Cat and there Junk. Im embarrassed by the fact they like to claim there American Made cause that Junk don't Fly as American Quality. Unless its a Dodge Neon Hehehe. It really is that Bad I think and maybe Im wrong but am I. Fit and Finish of the Polaris and Arctic Kitty is Poor at Best. They need to step it up.

You crack me up! The Maverick still shares a lot of the same parts as the Commander.

Zakka

Mar 22, 2014
Queensland Australia
You aren't the first person to say that. I too wish with the being a non brand specific site that the coverage of different vehicles was more evenly spread.
Totally agree ! With the ratio of polaris to other makes and people modding them though,would make it hard to cover manufacturers evenly.

Last edited:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Who cares about all of this? Let's compare apples and apples huh? Take a "stock" Maverick and a "stock" XP-1000 and run them next to each other. Who wins then? That's all that matters, period.

Anyone can fab up an awesome machine that is halfway decent at it. Get the LT right, get the tires right, get the drivers right, get the team/pit crew right and you have a winning combination.

Out of the box Polaris dominates without a question. In a full blown race program they're all Frankenstein's and it comes down to the elements I've stated above.

I for one am glad to see the competition, it's REALLY healthy for the sport, but.... Just like Karting was "supposed" to be, it boils down to who has the $$$$$. I take my boy to race a "spec" class and these assholes pull in with a $300K trailer and $10K 2 stroke kart motors, yeah I can compete with that, NOT!!!

So if we want to continue the discussion on equal grounds, lets start comparing "bone stock" machines, not full blown race vehicles.

Let's also start collecting more than a couple of data points before we try to compile a statistic, it will be more representative of the distribution of what is really going on.

Flame on!!!!!!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000