CanAm Commander Pics from Reno

PPF

Fast and Frozen - UTVUnderground Approved
Here are some pics from the dealer demo ride out in Reno, I was out there for about a week and a half with some other machanics and engineers preping and installing all of the factory accessories. After all that I finally got to put some seat time in and help out with the demo ride. We had about 27 units out there and the dealers really put them to the test... No damage on any of them! I was very impressed, The commander has 2 thumbs up from me so far!

Crap my computers is being slow, I"ll put the rest up tonight

twp

Kentucky's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 3, 2009
Richmond Ky.
Come on we (I) need more pics. How was the fit of the aftermarket part and acc?

Tim

PPF

Everything fit very good, All the accessories were kind of the first production batch, and the engineers were taking notes and pics of anything that needed changes. But for the most part everything was great! All there skid plates are 3/16" formed aluminum, some of the nicest factory stuff i have seen for sure, very high quality.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
I wonder what they are going to do with all these demos when they are done.

I know other companies demos do not have vin #s; so after they are done they take them apart to check wear on them or crush them.

PPF

I wonder what they are going to do with all these demos when they are done.

I know other companies demos do not have vin #s; so after they are done they take them apart to check wear on them or crush them.
I know all 27 of the commanders at Reno are all getting split up to go on different canam tour trucks for demo rides at all the big events. They do have vin #s but are prototypes, they are the first batch off the assembly line, they want to get some time on the demos before they start whippin them off the assembly line, The assembly line isnt even running right now.. and when production starts this year will still be a limited build (selected dealers will recieve a limited number of units), full production wont will be next year.

Im sure they will do like you said to the demos, destroy them and or disassemble them to check for wear and tear. I cant see them selling prototypes to anyone but who knows.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Awesome pics!! I used to live in Reno, to the South of where those pics were taken - looks like you guys were around Sparks? Looks like a really well done event - very cool machines!!!

PPF

Thanks guys, the only damage was that outlander that some chick racked up in the first hundred feet, she even road it out and finished the ride!...The cammander took one hell of a beating and not one problem on 27 units, pretty impressive.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I am hearing that the 1000 won't be available until November. Has anyone else heard anything different?

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
I was told by Can Am that you will see delivery of the Commanders 3 months give or take after they release in June....which was obviously on the 8th...
I hope that's true ...dealer up north said November December and his asking way above msrp and a none refundubel 1000 deposit

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Bert's Mega Mall said September for the 800 and November for the 1000. Even though he is the biggest dealer in the USA he is initially only getting five.

Pahrump

PINK
Jul 17, 2009
Beaumont TX
The local dealer here where I bought mine at said hes getting 2 in september...1 in October, and 2 in november...then will be able to re order for next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000