CASEY SIMS REMAINS OUT FRONT IN 2018

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Casey Sims Remains Out Front in 2018
Race Report Quad X 2 & Dirt Series 3

April 15, 2018- Victorville, CA- The Quad X Racing and Dirt Series double race weekend was
one of my most favorite weekends to date! My team and I headed up to 333 MX Park in
Victorville, CA on Saturday morning. The Quad X Racing Series round 2 was scheduled for that
afternoon and I was pumped to be back in my RZR 1000! The course was different from the last
time I raced there and I was stoked! I got to run practice and the course was awesome! It was
perfect for UTV’s!

When we lined up in the afternoon for moto 1, there were 3 cars running in my class and 1 car
running in the Pro Production class. We took off as the green flag dropped and it was a race to
the first corner. I fell in just behind the car in the pro class, but I wanted to see what I could do
against him so I stayed on it. It’s really great experience for me to race against drivers in the pro
classes. We changed positions several times throughout the race and had a ton of fun. After 8
laps, I crossed the finish line in 1st place in my class!

It was the same format when we lined up for moto 2. The flag flew and we took off. This time, I
got the hole shot and took off over the first jump! It wasn’t long before the car in the pro class
passed me but I stayed with him and chased him down even though he wasn’t running in my
class. We changed positions several times again throughout the race, and I was able to stay in
the lead position in my class for all 8 laps. I crossed the finish line in 1st place in the Production
1000 class!

That evening, the series was running some fun exhibition races. I signed up to race in the UTV
buddy race with RZR 170 driver Chase Mankin. The 170 class ran first and Chase came in 4th
place in his stock RZR 170 racing against modified cars! The 1000 class ran next. I was running
against the car in the Pro class, several 1000 cars, a 900, and a few 800 cars. We took off and I
was in 2nd place off of the line behind the pro car. I raced as fast as I could but I couldn’t get
around him and after 8 laps, I crossed the line in 2nd place. Between Chase’s 4th place and my
2nd place combined, we landed on the podium taking home the 3rd place spot! It was tons of fun
and I hope I get to do it again!

On Sunday, we headed back to 333 MX Park to run round 3 at the Dirt Series. I did not run
practice in the morning because I had run so much the day before and the course didn’t change
overnight. My class was race 13 in the line-up for the day and when it was time, I headed to the
line. There were more cars racing than the day before. There were 4 cars in my class and 3 in
the Pro Production class. This time, they started the pros 30 seconds ahead of my class. After
the pro class left the line, I got ready for the flag to fly and took off! I got the hole shot and
headed out over the first jump. I was able to stay in first and gradually increased my lead with
each lap. After 8 laps, I crossed the finish line in 1st place!

We lined up for moto 2 in the afternoon and I was ready! We took off 30 seconds behind the pro
class again. I fell into second place off of the line this time, but I was able to make a pass in the
first lap. I increased my lead again with each lap over the jumps and through the awesome
whoop section of the course. I was seconds behind the pro class when I crossed the finish line in
1st place in my class! The weekend was very busy but so much fun!

This weekend, I’m jumping back in my RZR 800 and we’re heading to Hurricane, UT for
WORCS round 5. I’m looking forward to it!

Thanks so much to all of these amazing companies and people that support my program: Got
Sand Performance, Addict Racing Engines, Demon Powersports, Method Race Wheels, GBC
Motorsports, Crow Enterprizes, Factory UTV, Baja Designs, Gates G-Force, RT Pro, Rugged
Radios, Maxima Racing Oils, Crown Performance Products, Elka Suspension, Surface Sun
Systems, Butter Supply Co, HOK9, Pavement Recycling Systems, Perrault Motorsports, SignArt
Graphix, Dirt Rider Designs, UTV Underground, and my parents who make this possible for me!
Thanks to Steve for putting on the awesome events all weekend long, and thanks to Gary Bennett
and Lisa Gonzales for the rad pictures! You can check out the Sims188 Racing team on
Instagram @csims188 or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/csims188/.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000