Center Seat RZR-XP Build

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Is that your gas and brake pedals hanging off the top tube? 4x4's should make some really solid seat bases. :)

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Is that your gas and brake pedals hanging off the top tube? 4x4's should make some really solid seat bases. :)

Chris
Yes, they are hanging from the top. I had to make some extra leg room due to moving the seat down. It's a much more comfortable driving position with them up there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Looking good Brit...now quit playing with your new tools and start using them, including your camera...we need more pics...lol. :)

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
No real visual progress from today. The initial parts of the conversion process are going to very time consuming with little to show. Today, I got the seat position finalized and began building the aluminum seat bracket. Once I finally settled on the seat position and recline angle, the seat mount was pretty easy. I should be able to get that tacked up tomorrow evening. Then, I can post some photos.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Main seat mount rails are done. I'll box in the seat pan for strength tomorrow. I'm very happy with the seating position and fit within the chassis.

Sorry for the really crap photos. I didn't realize they were turning out so grainy. The next ones will be taken with a real camera.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Great build. I have heard of a few people talking about it but I have never seen it done (this way) keeping the stock look.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
How much lower were you able to place the seat compared to stock?

Chris
About 4-6 inches. Hard to get an accurate measurement. It's almost to the point where it's going to be hard to see over the dash. I may have to raise it up some after the initial test drive.

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Sweet Brit. If you could keep it that low and still see over the dash, that would be awesome.

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Sweet Brit. If you could keep it that low and still see over the dash, that would be awesome.

Chris
Only time will tell... I'm going to put it together with the stock cage for the first test run. That way, I can custom fit the cage to the final seat height. My intent is to keep the cage as low as safely possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000