Center Seat RZR-XP Build

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
The new Kirkey seat came in today. I'm pretty sure the shipping box weighed more than the seat. This thing is very trick.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I was able to spend most of the day in the shop yesterday getting work done on the center seater.

Seat pan is done and mounted to the chassis.

I chose to mount the pedals up high in the chassis. I'm fairly tall (6'2") for a UTV, so the extra leg room gained by moving them further up in the chassis should work well. That combined with the slightly reclined seat angle should make for a very comfortable driving position.

I was also able to mock up the power steering mount. It is only tacked together at this point, but I'm really digging the mounting options there. I shouldn't have to add a lot of metal to keep it solid.

Hopefully, I'll have some more time to spend on it this evening.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Just in time! Look what the UPS guy just dropped off.

I looked for one of these wheels all over the web. A lot of people were out of stock and most just didn't even carry it at all. Mike at SXSPerformance.com was able to pull some strings for me and get one shipped out at the last minute direct from their supplier. Mike has come through for me quite a few times in the past. I'm sure he'll get more phone calls as the build progresses.

Absolutely the best wheel on the market, except for the buttons. We swap out the buttons for some that are more suited (sealed) for off road use. I'll post some photos of those when the time comes.

Attachments

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
looks good! i have always wanted to do one of these just never had a donor that was willing haha... i though mark queen had one almost done as well. looks sweet though cant wait to see it all together

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
looks good! i have always wanted to do one of these just never had a donor that was willing haha... i though mark queen had one almost done as well. looks sweet though cant wait to see it all together
Cool build! I have built 2. I will have one at the FSA drag races in Glamis on jan 19th. Hope to see some of you guys out there..

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
Here is a sneak peek of the 4 seat one I built. It is done now, but owner does not want me to share too much.. I dont want to hijack this thread also! Let me know what you think..

Attachments

ultimate1

Ultimate1
Feb 9, 2009
Nor-Cal
Octane look up anti gravity batteries, it is a lipo racing battery that you can save another 10-12 lbs with and actually have more power.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Already running a Ballistic battery. 3.6lbs @ 500CCA.

I appreciate the suggestion, though.

-b

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I decided to move the pedals down a little. The driving position isn't nearly as comfortable, but it will alleviate the problem I was having with the master cylinder reservoir and the issue of lengthening the throttle cable.

I'm still shooting to have this car ready for WORCS round 1, so time is running short, very short.

This weekend, I'm going to build the fuel cell and get the SACO box connected to the tie rods.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Made some good progress today.

OEM steering shaft cut and welded to a 3/4" shaft.

Quick release steering wheel adapter cut and welded to a splined coupler so I can still disassemble everything if needed.

Complete steering assembly.

Steering rack modification.

Another view.

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
I wonder how many people would buy a ready to weld frame/body kit to convert their existing RZRs to a single seater? Maybe something that would allow them to swap all their stock parts over to it, so they could swap it back when it comes time to sell it, or whatever they wanted to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000