Center Seat RZR-XP Build

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010

This is the fuel pump housing and sump can or sometimes called a swirl pot in certain types of racing.

Basically, I'll have two other 4 gallon tanks mounted on the front (inside) of the passenger compartment. Each tank will be on one side of the vehicle, keeping the weight balance in check. It will also allow me to move some of the weight further forward in my quest to get closer to a 50/50 front to rear weight balance.

The two tanks will gravity feed the swirl pot and the tanks will be connected to each other, keeping the fuel level equalized. Each tank is foam filled. This should keep the fuel calm and always surrounding the pump assembly.

The tanks were supposed to be here today.

-brit

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Nothing but King shocks for me! I've ran Kings on all of my race RZR's and absolutely love them. Their durability and performance is second to none. These are 2.0" fronts and 2.5" rears.

Here's a simple layout of the fuel cells. They will mount near the front "firewall".

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Fuel cell mounting bracket

Fuel cells mounted

Shop Monkey

I bought some 1.5" HREW to test new tubing bender and notcher. Here's the temp cage. The final design will be very close, but built with 4130.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
It wouldn't be a true Southern build without some aluminum tread plate.

A lot of our races end up in some type of mud. My original plan was 1/8" aluminum with grip tape on it. The treadplate just seemed to make more sense for my feet keeping traction in the wet, mudy conditions.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Test-fitting the plastic.

HREW test cage was removed and the 4130 cage was built.

Harness bar and harness clips were installed.

Really, really like the new ratcheting harnesses from PRP. These also came from www.SXSPerformance.com. At first I wasn't too sure about the ratchet, but I can't believe how much better everything feels with just a few clicks of the ratchet. Definitely the most comfortable harnesses I have ever used.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Roof

More roof.

Still a little shaping to do, but you get the idea.

Radiator mockup

K&N Intake - I couldn't believe how much lighter than stock this system is. I wasn't expecting that.

Overflow bottle mount

Radiator hose "Twister"

Light weight/compact fresh air system

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Lightweight carbon fiber mirrors from Yoshimura. These things are trick looking.

Mounted on the inside so I don't bash them in a rollover.

Should be plumbing the fuel system tomorrow. Waiting on the inline fuel filter to come in.

I'm very thankful to have had Yoshimura exhaust on all of my race RZR's. I have been very happy with their craftsmanship, durability, and especially performance. No reason to look anywhere else.

Yoshimura RS-4 Full Stainless System

A little preview.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Brit, are you going to be adding more bracing to the cage?
It all depends on what I end up with for doors and bumpers. I would like to at least run an a-pillar brace to somewhere, but haven't found a good place yet.

If I go with solid doors, it's a piece of cake, but obviously adds weight.

The age old racing debate: safety vs. weight savings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000