Center Seat RZR-XP Build

Hammbone

Dec 19, 2012
awesome build now that you ran your first race how was the performance ? From what i have seen you have a dirty dawg clutch yoshimura exhaust and pim2 and data box with the k&N air intake sounds like a good set up just wandering about your thoughts of the performance thanks

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I couldn't be happier with the performance. I think a few things are in play that make it exceptional. First, is the weight. Second, is the engine work by Benchmark Performance. Chris and the guys at Benchmark built an awesome engine, exactly what I asked for.

The other major factor in the performance, in my opinion, is the balance. I couldn't get over how well this thing cornered - significantly better than my 2012 car, which is a normal two-seater. The cornering is significantly better than I expected, which is probably due to the more balance front to rear. More weight on the front end should plant the tires better for short course/tight turns.

I also removed almost all of the "bump steer" when I had built the steering rack. I doubt that's coming into play here, but could be.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the car. It's significantly better than I expected it to be.

-b

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I ended up going back to the stock steering rack. The beam rack just didn't work out well due to the angle at which it had to be mounted. Too much leverage on the beam. Of course, at that point, I had to rebuild all of the steering linkage. Then, after one race, it was evident that I needed to put a quickener in the steering. So, I had to redo all of the linkage again. The third time is the charm, I guess. The following race was good, so I decided to go ahead and build the dash.

Wrapped door panels

King Shocks doing work

tw450r4

Oct 18, 2011
Are you running the internal bypass kings or just the 2"/2.5"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

LukeEdmondson7x

May 21, 2013
Brit what happened at dpg? I never saw your rzr after you passed me. Just saw you with parts in your hand. Where did you park it?

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Brit what happened at dpg? I never saw your rzr after you passed me. Just saw you with parts in your hand. Where did you park it?
You drove past me about 150 times while I was wrenching.

I was dodging a Jeep Cherokee coming back onto the course and went wide right where our course merged into theirs. Unfortunately, there was a tree just off the track, hidden in the brush. It got two ball joints. I had to fix it on the trail. Hot, muddy, and tired. Not a good combination.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Updated the fuel system for quicker and safer filling.

Quick release light covers for the first half of the UTV Rally Raid series. The second half of the race typically takes place after dark.

Airbox cover

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Finally got around to cleaning up the rough edges on the plastic. Time for some finishing touches.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Took the win at the last UTV Rally Raid. Huge thanks to the sponsors listed in my signature below for the help with this machine.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
The more seat time we get on this thing, the better it gets.

Fastest Lap Award from last weekend's UTV Rally Raid race.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqjqD0NIBY"]UTVRR Round 9 - YouTube[/ame]

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Great build !!! Did you change the wheelbase or width at all or are you running it stock?
Thanks.

Stock wheelbase and width. I wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible for the suspension measurements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000