Changes coming to UTVUnderground.com Forum..

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This site was started with the creation of a forum. UTVUnderground.com's core has always been our forum. As we have grown we have morphed into an all encompassing portal for UTV related news, information and most importantly original content. But as we have grown I will admit we have not put as much emphasis into the growth of the forum and I would have liked.

I have been conscious of this and so last year we hired Jake Yubeta who's sole job is to keep you guys who participate in the forum up to speed with the latest info and news. This month we will go a step further in growing our forum by implementing an entirely new and modern forum software.

Our sister site, Race-Dezert.com went to this new forum software last year and it is awesome! Sure, it's different and will take some getting used to but I promise you that you are going to like it. It's cleaner and it will be much easier to read and has some really cool features.

We pride ourselves on being the best UTV site on the web and we don't feel like we can claim that and still be using old and out of date software to run our site. Our homepage looks and works amazing, our forum, which is our core, should compliment that. It costs us money to do things like this but I think in the long run it is well worth it. I hope you all will agree.

We hope to have the new site ported over by the 20th of this month. I will keep you all up to speed with updates of the progress!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We ran into a slide problem which is going to require us to do a server change / upgrade. We expect to have the forum transition to the new software done by Thursday. For now we will still be rocking it old school... sorry for being offline today guys. We hope you really dig the new software once its up and running.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I hope the thumbs up & down will be public unlike on RDC where the thumbs down is private.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Guys we are smack in the middle of server and software changes so posts made recently may be missing here and there. We are trying to prevent it but it may occur as we are moving as we speak to our new forum software. Please repost anything missing. Sorry!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
ugh i dislike the rdc setup, its too dificult to find new posts.
Yea, I'm finding the same thing now.

Forum hover, NEW POSTS ... does NOT show my thread that I just replied to at top ??

Forum hover, RECENT ACTIVITY ... DOES show the thread I just replied too, but it also shows a bunch of other non-sense activity that I don't care about.

Is there a way to get "ACTIVE TOPICS" anymore list of threads whereby most recent activity at top?

Either I'm doing something wrong or this is going to suck.

EDIT:
Ok, I notice when I LOG OFF, then "NEW POSTS" does show my replied post at top. Weird.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Yea, I'm finding the same thing now.

Forum hover, NEW POSTS ... does NOT show my thread that I just replied to at top ??

Forum hover, RECENT ACTIVITY ... DOES show the thread I just replied too, but it also shows a bunch of other non-sense activity that I don't care about.

Is there a way to get "ACTIVE TOPICS" anymore list of threads whereby most recent activity at top?

Either I'm doing something wrong or this is going to suck.

EDIT:
Ok, I notice when I LOG OFF, then "NEW POSTS" does show my replied post at top. Weird.
New posts is different then recent threads. Bare with us as we dial this all in for you guys.

So Frankie, do this. When you open up the NEW POSTS if you look to the right there is another link you can click that says recent posts. You can click that and it opens a page like the old forum.

I am working on some new easy buttons to take you to that page. Just hang tight.

But play with the features guys. See the thumbs up and thumbs down on the lower right corner where you can like or do splice posts.

There are a lot of other cool features. Loading images on the new site is sick too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000