All UTV's Cheap DIY lighting solution

Pokahpolice

Sep 4, 2011
Standish, Maine
I mostly ride at night and the stock headlights weren't cutting it on the trails. I was having a real hard time pulling the trigger on the expensive light rails and $150 per light. The cheapest I found was $298 plus shipping and then I would need to modify my windshield to make it fit...Solution:

VIP chrome "pimp my ride" fog lights pair $27.99 x2 = $55.98

comes with wiring harness, switch, connections, fuse but wires were not long enough so had to modify it a bit.

Wire, butt connects, other misc hardware $12.48...
Total investment $68.46

Results - The lights are a bit smaller than I'd like but look great! I installed them on the the windshield brace so I didn't need to drill holes....just removed the bolt. They look like they were designed to be there. The wires tuck right under the the roof and can't be seen at all. I was a little concerned that these cheap lights wouldn't put out any light and I would end up with just some chrome. Well lighting is great!! These blow up the forest...my neighbor said I look like Mad Max coming down the road. Here are some photos

Just Headlights

With overheads

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
you could have looked into the stock headlight HID conversion, best bang for the buck and you would have more light than you do now with 4 and pull less amps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000