Clean bill of health, again...now a question..

FBT

Well guys had another little hiccup, my back this time, bottom line is they can't fix anymore without a multilevel fusion so I am gonna grin and bear it and get on with living.
I have had enough doctors and tests for the year, I hope.
Got the Teryx out the other day and played with it, we have a trip planned to Oregon Dunes in June, but I want to do a couple of things before then.
Mine is an '08, with the lovely and highly sought after non-functional hood. What is the current state of the art in either converting these to a hinge or coming up with a decent looking access port to get to the dang radiator without removing the cage? Has anyone come up with a hinge kit yet?
I have been so out of it for so long I figured the quickest way to an answer was to ask here at the clubhouse and not spend hours perusing the forums...and finding other stuff to buy that I can't afford, LOL.
All input appreciated and thanks in advance...

Jeff

FBT

Reed, you ain't just a whistlin' dixie there, my friend.
I was lucky to get into the artificial disk program when I did, the bloody FDA has made it so tough to bring new programs to the market that the makers of the prosthetic devices I have installed in me have been pulled from U.S.testing.
You can go overseas and get them, but not here. Too much politic'in and $ to make it worth the effort.
So am I lucky I got what I did. The surgeon I saw last week said, "7 level fusion and that ain't happening. I have no intention of having my wife tie my shoes for the rest of my life.
I want to get the hood deal done on my Teryx and start using it. We have several ghost town runs plotted out, we'll make this run to Oregon in June and then look forward to the fall and doing the Ghost towns.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I just made a hole above the cap using a electrical box hole punch 1 3/4 works great just need to get a cap to fit the hole

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

FBT

That is certainly an option. I have seen a couple of guys who have done the hinge install and made the hood tilt forward. I was hoping that his had become popular enough on the 08-09's that someone had put a kit together. If not I may just dive into it myself.

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
Jeff I know if you look at teryxforums.net there are a few guys that have cut the hood and added hinges.
I am in the process of converting my 08 to a 2010 hood. Muzzys makes a bracket kit for $89 and you can get a hood for about $200 and it is not to hard to handle from there.
Good luck and I hope the dunes take your mind off your back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000