COGNITO RZR 4 XP1000 new BITD build

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ha! That rule only applies to rookie fabricators like B.A.M.! :eek:
Hey Jim, did or are you going to weigh the "scrap" plie? Just curious! Do you have a target weight, or is that priveleged info? What about motor mods, any planned? Bypass shocks or? HEY MR. WILSON !!
I will be weighting the scrap metal pile...target weight...as light as possible;)...motor mods, not sure yet as it is already a 1000 and it will get Fox Racing shocks:D.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
So any more news on this build?
Nothing you can see visually, we have been working on our 900 and Perkins new race car, and a 1/2 dozen other projects. We do however have a nice set of shock that showed up for it.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oh I see you guys got 1 or so of the first 56 sets built. whatever !!!!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
How are you guys addressing the stock frame where it bolts together?
Regarding.the.Maverick,we.ar.only.using.the.center.base.structure.as.al,lowed.by.the.SCORE.rulebook.and.as.outlined.on.the.attatched.image.

Last edited:

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
got some main tubes bent and tacked together, she is starting to take some shape!

Our Fox shocks are dieing to get bolted on, check these babies out, 3" rear and 2.5" front, internal bypass, 7 stage compression and 3 stage rebound, dual speed compression adjustable... Cant wait to try them out, these should be the ultimate desert UTV shocks.....

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
here is this weeks progress, i wish we could work on it all day every day, but the whole making a living thing gets in the way! Seats are here and in, i chose Mastercraft Pro 4 seats with the camel packs. DJ Safety 5 point harnesses are on order, Ron Davis radiator should be here next week.

in chronological order...

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
First off thank you for following our new build. Here is a little update picture with adding some sheet metal work, things are starting to come together a little faster so i think i will have some good stuff to show at end of the weekend.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
here is some update pictures. Most of the sheet metal is done and we are mocking up the plastics now. I know what you are thinking, man that front bumper is hanging out there, just wait till the rest of the car comes together and that will totally change. The bumpers need to hang out so that when you use it, your front tires dont touch the competitions rear tires which breaks axles. Ron Davis radiator is mounted as well.

choptop0130

Jul 5, 2011
intimidating looking piece Justin, in one of the pic's their was a fuel cell on the floor, is that a in house mfg. tank? If not do you mind sharing the vendor info on it? Thanks

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
intimidating looking piece Justin, in one of the pic's their was a fuel cell on the floor, is that a in house mfg. tank? If not do you mind sharing the vendor info on it? Thanks
I use harmon racing cells, the particular cell i am using in this build is custom specifications by me. They do have some off the shelf stuff as well tho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000