COGNITO RZR 4 XP1000 new BITD build

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
here is my light box and intake plenum design, installed, as well as some dash work

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I like how simple and straight forward this car is. She doesn't need to be all fancied up to kick som A$$.... hopefully we can see it winning some races soon. Good luck Cognito!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
i cant believe its been 6 weeks since i posted last, the days and weeks just fly by! We have been thrashing the last couple of weeks on this car, here is where we are at now, and will get some pictures of the FACTORY UTV skid plate tomorrow. Trying to get it on the ground friday for a roll test :ride:

what do you think so far??

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Looks good I'm still trying to figure out the master plan for the front bumper. Right now it's just a rhino or unicorn horn.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Looks good I'm still trying to figure out the master plan for the front bumper. Right now it's just a rhino or unicorn horn.

on this car, the bumper has one intended purpose as a push bar. So it doesnt need to be wide, doesnt need the bull horns, or anything like that, it is there to let a racer in front of you know that you are there and you want to pass. A lot of times, the car in front of you cant hear sirens and horns, so sometimes a bump is in order. It also has to stick out far enough that when you bump someone, your tires dont touch. When tires touch like that, the risk of a broken axle or cv joint is high. We raced an AVE Pure race recently in our 900, i had to bump a car because he wouldnt move over, i guess couldnt here us, our tires touched and we could smell melting rubber immediately. luckily we didnt break a front axle.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Since the floor of our car is custom, except for the very front, very rear, and the center rails, we had 'factory UTV' cut us a special skid plate to protect the bottom of the car. We are going to try the 3/8" thick skid for this car. Our 900 had the 1/2" version and it seems to last forever, so we are going to back it down on this car to 3/8" to save a little weight. Of course they have skids for stock UTV's also, i highly recommend them for desert applications.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
We are also mocking up the new Cognito long travel suspension and some FOX internal bypass shocks, 3" rear and 2.5" front! The shocks are 7 zone compression and 3 zone rebound bypass, unreal for a UTV, and of course available for purchase from Cognito...link --> Cognito/Fox

the long travel kit will be for sale in about 4 weeks, not on the store yet

Going with Sparks Performance Products on this car for power mods, check out the cans on this beauty :)

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
on this car, the bumper has one intended purpose as a push bar. So it doesnt need to be wide, doesnt need the bull horns, or anything like that, it is there to let a racer in front of you know that you are there and you want to pass. A lot of times, the car in front of you cant hear sirens and horns, so sometimes a bump is in order. It also has to stick out far enough that when you bump someone, your tires dont touch. When tires touch like that, the risk of a broken axle or cv joint is high. We raced an AVE Pure race recently in our 900, i had to bump a car because he wouldnt move over, i guess couldnt here us, our tires touched and we could smell melting rubber immediately. luckily we didnt break a front axle.
I see! Thanks for the explanation and the thread. This car is awesome I hope to have one this nice some day.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
not sure if we will make the friday roll test i was hoping for, but the meticulous stuff is done, mainly speaking of the wiring. Waiting on some laser cut sheet metal parts for the rear suspension, need to get the axles built, oh boy!
We are ready for fluids in the morning and then fire it up and make sure everything is functioning electrically and with the engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000