Kawasaki Cognitos Teryx LT kit spy photos

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I just got some spy photos from Cognitos shop!!!!!! He is working on building his Teryx long travel Kit.....Looks good from the angles I had I think its supposed to be 14"s of travel at 5"s over....But I'm sure Justin will chime in with some specs....its still in progress.:D:D:D
!!!!!!!!so far all I have is REAR pics

Ahhhh shit....thats different!!!!

A little more drop out.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
lookin great! I like the upper boxed arm....I wonder though without the arm bend if the kit will have too much camber? Keep up the great work Cognito...thanks for keeping us updated BigJodie!
Too much camber?? When??

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
at full droop, without the arms having a bend to compensate wont the kit have some extra camber? I am asking, I know nothing about fabricating an LT! LOL
Have to wait for justin to chime in on that.....I'm not an engeneer or a suspension guy.....but to be honnest with you I dont think you can change the caster/camber movement while the arm is cycling unless you change the pick up points on the frame. Equal length arms I believe are the only way to keep a wheel traveling straight up and down without caster/camber movement.

Goldmember

I'll SHow You How To Stunt - UTVUnderground Approv
Jul 7, 2009
Moreno Valley, Ca
at full droop, without the arms having a bend to compensate wont the kit have some extra camber? I am asking, I know nothing about fabricating an LT! LOL
Bends in the arms are only for ground clearance, longer shock length, or looks. Camber would change with arm lengths and pivot points.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009

it doesnt matter what the arm is shaped like, a banana, a lightning bolt, or a dog biscuit, the arc is still the same relative to the end points.

the only thing that can change the arc is the arm length. therefore to modify the camber change you would have to change the height from the spindle where the balljoint fastens, to the centerline of the joint. for example your heim joint on your Magnum kit could be spaced away from the top of the knuckle further or closer, thus you would get different camber action at the tire through the suspension travel.

Reactions: 1 person

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
here is a couple pics after testing.

held up great! the shocks are set up super soft so i was bottoming it out all over the place trying to bend an a-arm, but they are all good!
took it out to taft near honolulu hills, been a year since i been out there and i ran it into a ditch the first minute out!

Bad news is that i bent the frame! Just where the driver lower front control arm connects to the frame. I will have to repair that but am pleased the arms are all good!

After SEMA i should be able to hook up with FOX for some testing to dial in the spring rate and valving.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
the build is on!
dropping seat mounting points 3.5"
custom seat bases
moving seats out-board 2" and back 1/2"
move and tilt steering column
bed delete
9" dropped cage
doors
JAZZ fuel cell-Thanks for the sponsorship!!
PWR busa radiator mounted behind seats
Mastercraft seats and harnesses

this is a budget racer build, i wanna do enough to be able to race it next year. After SEMA i am gonna have to get inside the motor to make it competitive.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
i will get update pics tomorrow and post em up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000