All UTV's Communication for RZR

norcalxp

Sep 13, 2011
hey I'm building a rzr xp 900 and want to know what the best setup will be for communication. we are doing mostly desert races. we need a setup for the pits/chase truck too.
Thanks!

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY RUGGED RACE RADIO & INTERCOM. THEY HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL & PROFESIONAL. MY FRIENDS ALWAYS RAN PCI IN THEIR DESERT SUPERLITES & THEY WERE GOOD ALSO. PCI IS @ MOST OF THE RACES.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
I personally have a Rugged setup - which i think I might have got a bad unit - BUT Jason @ Rugged has been providing great customer service and is taking good care of me! :)

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Show up at the sand show and ask them! You will need two radios and an intercom system with head sets! One for the SXS and one for the truck or pits and an Intercom if your going to have a co-driver;)
I'd pass on the headsets if you are racing. Gotta wear a helmet. Also it is worth the extra money to get your helmets wired for ear buds too. It makes a world of difference in being able to hear your co-dawg.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
two 40-50watt radios, one with speaker for chase truck for monitoring
one intercom for the UTV
two PTT switches for UTV so both driver and co-dawg can transmit on the radio to chase truck.

Two helmet kits
two antennas and cables ( one can be magnetic for chase truck)
cords from I/C to helmets, and one from radio to intercom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000