Yamaha COOLANT IN OIL rhino 686

spody3

Wine Spody Odey - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Washington
i have replaced the water pump assembly because of a broken seal. i ordered the whole kit and replaced it. today i took it out for a test run and i am still getting coolant into the oil. it is sucking in through some where because the coolant level is obvisly going down inside the raditor. is this a blown head gasket or what else could cause this problem?? please let me know what you guys think.. thanks alot

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
when you put the new complete pump in, if you dont line up the slot correctly, it will push the circlip out of the groove on the shaft and the impeller shaft wont have seal contact. it will leak like a siv. usually a blown head gasket will leak coolant into the combustion chamber, you dont really see much coolant in the oil. it will over flow out the resevoir because the coolant galleys and hoses are being pressurized from the combustion chamber.

Reactions: 1 person

spody3

Wine Spody Odey - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Washington
brand new cylinder too. like 15 miles on it.. not saying who i got it from but not happy.. thanks alot troy for the info on the water pump. i pulled it out and checked everything that you said. thanks man

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
brand new cylinder too. like 15 miles on it.. not saying who i got it from but not happy.. thanks alot troy for the info on the water pump. i pulled it out and checked everything that you said. thanks man
brand new as in from Yamaha new 660?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000