Cracked weld on RZR-S rear control arm

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
So after replacing my lower front right a-arm this weekend (hit a rock) I noticed upon loading my RZR S back into my trailer that I also have an issue with the right rear lower control arm also. I have a good crack running around the weld area. I was fortunate to hit Chaparral and find they had one in stock. I'll do a field change in Ocotillo next week. But as a word of advice I suggest guys with the 2009 and 2010's check theirs. I noticed on my new replacement arm the weld is much better. I also checked the RZR's on the showroom floor and saw they have all been changed.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Moss if you cant find someone to weld it let me know I can weld it for ya.
Done! You're hired. I'm gonna swap it out and I'll either get it to you or maybe a local shop to weld her up as a backup.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Good call Moss, I've been watching mine for months now. Same arm, same spot. I have the stress marks (paint flaking off) but no crack... yet.....

BTW how much $ was the new OEM replacement arm if you dont mind?...

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Good call Moss, I've been watching mine for months now. Same arm, same spot. I have the stress marks (paint flaking off) but no crack... yet.....

BTW how much $ was the new OEM replacement arm if you dont mind?...
They're cheap. $86 at Babbitts Online plus shipping or $103 at Chaparral. If I had the time to order I would have but Babbitts takes about 2 weeks to get it to ya. I also grabbed some new bushings $11

montuckychucky

Feb 5, 2012
you should all check your major welds every ride the quality control on the welding side of any utv co is probably the biggest safety issue out there including roll cage manufacture. You guys are trusting your life with welds made by uncertified unskilled low paid labor and it shows in all company's rigs even the new xp and wildcat have some really bad welds in critical places that will eventually crack and fail the way you guys beat these things down all the time I own two utvs and love them bolth but they are not showpieces by any welders measure and it is the biggest drawback for me personally when buying a stock utv with shit shocks and no ground clearance for 14,000 bucks is really disheartening but fun to tinker on. Big air beware!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000