Cross Roads.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Those of you that know us know we race, those that dont well we race...(since 2008 we have entered 70 races to date) alot, and after three years (two in SR1 and one in a SuperLite truck) of racing at LOORRS this coming weekend due to circumstances we will not be fielding a vehicle at LOORRS.
I really won’t know what to do with myself, thankfully WORCS and LORORS (thanks Joey) fill out the days but not being at Firebird this weekend will be strange.

So, since we have time on our hands there has been much discussion at our house on what direction we should take racing in the near future and several ideas have surfaced.
1. Start building a ProLite now to compete in the 2014 season at LOORRS.
2. Finish out this season at LORORS and WORCS then play 2014 by ear.
3. Cody quits racing and concentrates on collage.
4. Quit thinking about 2014 and turn Cody’s WORCS championship winning RZR570 into a SCORE legal Pro Stock UTV, then take the smallest production UTV made and compete in the Baja 1000.

Total bucket list item but if we do it why not do it on both ends of the spectrum, smallest in the biggest so to speak.

I don’t know, anyone have any thoughts (the Baja 1000) on this potentially really bad idea? We have to start planning now as November will be here quick.

Last edited:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Those of you that know us know we race, those that dont well we race...(since 2008 we have entered 70 races to date) alot, and after three years (two in SR1 and one in a SuperLite truck) of racing at LOORRS this coming weekend due to circumstances we will not be fielding a vehicle at LOORRS.
I really won’t know what to do with myself, thankfully WORCS and LORORS (thanks Joey) fill out the days but not being at Firebird this weekend will be strange.

So, since we have time on our hands there has been much discussion at our house on what direction we should take racing in the near future and three ideas have surfaced.
1. Start building a ProLite now to compete in the 2014 season at LOORRS.
2. Finish out this season at LORORS and WORCS then play 2014 by ear.
3. Cody quits racing and concentrates on collage.
4. Quit thinking about 2014 and turn Cody’s WORCS championship winning RZR570 into a SCORE legal Pro Stock UTV, then take the smallest production UTV made and compete in the Baja 1000.

Total bucket list item but if we do it why not do it on both ends of the spectrum, smallest in the biggest so to speak.

I don’t know, anyone have any thoughts on this potentially really bad idea? We have to start planning now as November will be here quick.
Race anything and everything, cover everything with a UTVUNDERGROUND sticker's and haul ass. Your boy is a bad ass behind the wheel. If you can afford it....... Keep racing.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Race anything and everything, cover everything with a UTVUNDERGROUND sticker's and haul ass. Your boy is a bad ass behind the wheel. If you can afford it....... Keep racing.
Thanks Rusty, I guess I should clarify, see above.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Alba racing is in baja, Jagged X / Polaris is in baja it's got to be a no brainer. Start with the Baja 250 and I think that little Polaris can make it.

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
one of the baddest humans behind the wheel, finish up worcs with us but bring that boy to the dirt series so we can race like we used to.! its all coming around for us doug dont let up yet.!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Doug,
I would recommend Baja if you can make it happen.I love the close high speed action of short course and have raced LOORS and ASCC and will continue to do so but Baja is something that you will never forget.You really cant explain it but it is the best feeling to cross that finish line and celebrate the accomplishment.You might consider getting your feet wet with the 500 but either way I say go for it.If I can help in any way let me know.
Hans

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Finish the season's and then lets go BAJA RACING!!!! Once you get bit, you are gonna go all out... just warning you! lol
Yea, got a little ODC myself..

So
Printed the 2011 map.
Wife & I played race cars & pit/chase strategy in our head looking at it.
She has gone from "Absolutely no f@#$&%! way." to "Really? That's just looks like a really bad idea." lol. Progress.
Reading the rule book and going to try and talk to Jake next week then we'll decide.

Does anybody have or can link some in-car video of a UTV, anything besides that snowmobile powered Dragon Fire car? I cant seem to find anything other than their video and want to have a visual of the kind of speed I could expect.

Thx!

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Doug,
I would recommend Baja if you can make it happen.I love the close high speed action of short course and have raced LOORS and ASCC and will continue to do so but Baja is something that you will never forget.You really cant explain it but it is the best feeling to cross that finish line and celebrate the accomplishment.You might consider getting your feet wet with the 500 but either way I say go for it.If I can help in any way let me know.
Hans
Thanks.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
it would be a shame if code quit. but you have to do whats best for you guys.

as far as desert.......no thanks. to me desert is if you have enough money to spend on pure passion. at least with short course its cheaper and you have a chance most of the time to recoup some money. more sponsors. more exposure.
and theres nothing like setting up pass after pass. way more action.

try to hang in there. stadium racing is picking up. he would be in the mix no questions asked.

prolite. its pretty cheap to build a chassis. good parts...not cheap. but we dont go through alot of parts really. so its not super expensive to upkeep most times.

gordons series success will tell alot more to have a better idea of the imediate future of stadium racing.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
it would be a shame if code quit. but you have to do whats best for you guys.

Its his call, hes the driver not me, if I was the driver we would have been done loooong ago....

as far as desert.......no thanks. to me desert is if you have enough money to spend on pure passion. at least with short course its cheaper and you have a chance most of the time to recoup some money. more sponsors. more exposure.
and theres nothing like setting up pass after pass. way more action.

try to hang in there. stadium racing is picking up. he would be in the mix no questions asked.

We were going to do the series in UTV once the SuperLite deal ended, and then :(....

prolite. its pretty cheap to build a chassis. good parts...not cheap. but we dont go through alot of parts really. so its not super expensive to upkeep most times.

I see the #6 forsale on RD, take payments? :D , Seriously though, getting out or building a new truck?

gordons series success will tell alot more to have a better idea of the imediate future of stadium racing.

I hear he's having problems getting drivers with enough $$$,$$$ to rent trucks. We'll see on 4/6 if it flies or not.
up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000