Dan Fisher Pulls A 5th At UTV World Championship

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Dan Fisher Pulls A 5th At UTV World Championship.
UTVWC is one of my favorite races but one of the hardest. The course is dusty and over loaded with cars. Really need to be on you’re a game to finish up top at this race. So right after the Mint 400 we started our new CanAm X3 build. The focus was to create a Can-Am that was built for the unique needs of UTVWC. Our focus is only put in the car what we need and keep the weight as low as possible. I was so worried about weight, we didn’t even put a GPS in the car.

So, jump to race day and my crappy start position. I was the first car on the far left, so I had to go right before I could make the first turn to go left. The last 3 dead engine starts I did at races I was the last off the line. I truly was determined to not repeat that. First row is off and we start a clock and time row two to go off, our countdown begins. Within 5 seconds and my eyes are glued to the green flag and as soon as it moves my car started right up and shot out of that hole. There was no doubt in my mind we had the hole-shot even with are start location. There was some carnage in turn three which I was the first to come to then my row added some more which gave me a nice gape of no one behind me. Car was moving all feels great, keep in mind we only did what we needed for the car. Installed an Evolution Motorsports tune in the car which is amazing but we kept the stock radiator which was bad. The car within 5 miles was at max temp just to much for that radiator. After bouncing in and out of Eco mode we decided to stay in eco mode and never go full throttle. The car temp was extremely high but we feel safe and we just hope doing ¾ throttle is enough. Coming around the first lap by the pit we here we are running a great pace and just hammered on.

The Polaris jump was huge this year. Came up to it and didn’t want to be that guy who didn’t do it so we did it and that jump was much bigger than I thought. Car took it like a champ but that was the only time we hit that thing. Car kept running clean and all seems great laps are passing by quickly. About 5 miles into lap 5 we broke a front CV, pretty sure it had something to do with that Polaris jump seeing I landed on that tire first. Car was a little handful so we did slow down and lose sometime. Pulled into the pits took a splash of gas confirmed it was a front broken CV. Decided not to fix in and just run the car hard. Lap 7 blew a belt which was a fast fix for Garrick. Still appear to be running in the top 3 could not believe it. Now lap 9 just took the wind out of our sails for our first podium finish. Few miles in lap 9 our power steering goes crazy. I turn left it was trying to turn right. This thing kicked my ass. Watched Holes pass me and new there is no way I could stay within 60 seconds on him. So our goal was to go as fast as we could where we felt safe and missed that 3rd place spot just under 2 minutes. Long story short love this car and my guys killed it that day. Big than you to everyone that came out. Their support is incredible and we could not be doing this without that. So thank you all you came out and supported at the UTVWC.

After the dust settled and the results were released by BITD I recorded the fastest lap of the race. The first full lap (lap two) I put down a 19:49.801. This is a big win for the LSR team, we have the speed, the will and the car. Now we just need a splash of luck.

I’m truly thankful for all the support and help from all these friends and sponsors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000