Dan Kelly crash at Glen Helen..........

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
This happened at the first ATV National race of the year at Glen helen this weekend (3/8/09).
First of all, Dan is OK. Thankfully, he got out and walked away.
Dan's teryx looks like it will need a new chassis or at least to be back halved. His crash has to be at or near the top for worst UTV crash! He went end over end over end over end over end, etc!!!!
Looks like the chassis folded like a taco right behind the engine, and the car lost at least 6" of wheelbase from the rear impact it took.
There were lots of photographers, but I haven't found any photos online yet.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Glad he was ok.

They had a UTV class at the Quad Nats? Who else was there?

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Saw him on the 202 at 1:30 am this morning pullin the baller hauler home. Glad to hear not injured.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
He should stop before someone gets hurt! lol

Glad he's alright....

Last edited:

Mr. Off-Road

Feb 9, 2009
His Teryx is at FST... his wife was so grateful to them for building him something that would survive such a horrific wreck. When she saw the crash she thought he was going to be dead, she didnt expect to see him get out, neither did the crowd for that matter from what I hear, they all got real quiet too.

Next thing you know Dan pops out and tries to get a track official to get the teryx on all fours again so he can continue racing.

If someone has the video of that, I am sure it would be worth $$$$$, you can sell it to all those extreme sports video shows, it was one heck of a wreck.

I can post up some pics of his teryx tomorrow if I get a chance. It was due for a new chassis after Dan's 18 rollovers :p

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Next thing you know Dan pops out and tries to get a track official to get the teryx on all fours again so he can continue racing.
Wouldnt that be dangerous for other racers, track officials, and flagmen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000