Desert Racing-Trailing arms, belt and suspension

Shane Redline

Apr 3, 2017
Hit a big creek bottom and thrashed the stock trailing arm racing this weekend. Any suggestions on what they should be replaced with that's strong and will last, what's the best.

Suspension-planning on doing some BITD races, ready to step up for the suspension package. Was planning on King, they told me $5000. Is that the way to go?

Last, I have the cooling fan add but still had some issues with it getting hot. Is there a second fan or anything else I can add to fix the issue?

Really appreciate any advise

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
Hit a big creek bottom and thrashed the stock trailing arm racing this weekend. Any suggestions on what they should be replaced with that's strong and will last, what's the best.

Suspension-planning on doing some BITD races, ready to step up for the suspension package. Was planning on King, they told me $5000. Is that the way to go?

Last, I have the cooling fan add but still had some issues with it getting hot. Is there a second fan or anything else I can add to fix the issue?

Really appreciate any advise
Wolfpack, HCR, UTV Inc and Holtz all have strong racing arms. We run HCR with King 3.0 rear and 2.5 front and they have been bullet proof. I would not think $5,000 would get it done. More like $15,000 with Arms, Axles and shocks. Also you will want Hess for steering quickener and Anti Sway. Also need to get a chromoly motor cross bar from UTV Inc and a billet fuel rail. And a razorback belt temp gauge. And beadlock rims and desert race tires. STI Chicane is our choice and work great. This is the minimum to keep a car running in BITD.

CBR for cooling and Summers brothers or RCV for Axles. There is a lot to do to get ready keep the thread going and you will get a lot of advice.

Good luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rico

Oct 16, 2014
Lehi, UT
The answer to your question will probably differ widely based on who responds and what the end goal that you are trying to accomplish (track, wheelbase, weight, cost, etc. etc.)

This might be a long shot, but if you can find your way to Laughlin next weekend, it is the UTVWC race. If you came just to watch and learn, you would pick up 10X more than what you will find out with forums and phone calls. You can look at every car at tech (Friday), speak with many of the leading UTV and Off-road aftermarket manufacturers, and spectate the race (Saturday) to see what impresses you on the course. Take a bunch of pictures, talk to a bunch of people about what works and what doesn't, and make notes. You'll probably have most of the answers before the weekend is over and will have had a really good time doing it.

Reactions: paulk and tatum

Shane Redline

Apr 3, 2017
The answer to your question will probably differ widely based on who responds and what the end goal that you are trying to accomplish (track, wheelbase, weight, cost, etc. etc.)

This might be a long shot, but if you can find your way to Laughlin next weekend, it is the UTVWC race. If you came just to watch and learn, you would pick up 10X more than what you will find out with forums and phone calls. You can look at every car at tech (Friday), speak with many of the leading UTV and Off-road aftermarket manufacturers, and spectate the race (Saturday) to see what impresses you on the course. Take a bunch of pictures, talk to a bunch of people about what works and what doesn't, and make notes. You'll probably have most of the answers before the weekend is over and will have had a really good time doing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000