Desert Toyz Racing Commander build

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 17

Sappington's Commander launched off the line in 3rd and caught the 2nd place UTV in the first 1/8 mile. ]

1/8 Mile huh..... and while I was broke down waiting to get out of there I saw 2 tremors... Pretty sure I could have pushed my rhino 1/8 mile before the 20 or 30 second gap where the started us elapsed....

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
sounded like violent roll over glad to here everyone is ok. By the way i was once told by a tech inspector at bitd "you should gusset all single shear points on your roll cage" i guess you proved him wrong with the way your cage held up.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
sounded like violent roll over glad to here everyone is ok. By the way i was once told by a tech inspector at bitd "you should gusset all single shear points on your roll cage" i guess you proved him wrong with the way your cage held up.
You are right, all single shear points should be gusseted or designed so as to eliminate them. Cory's rig was still pretty strong, but who wants to chance it..all it takes is just the wrong hit...

Glad you and your co-dawg are okay Cory. Looking forward to seeing your Can Am out there again...

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
Rito, I belive the cage gussetts are more applicable in a vehicle to vehicle impact, and I am installing them during the rebuild. I will make sure a send you pics for your approval. :D

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Rito, I belive the cage gussetts are more applicable in a vehicle to vehicle impact, and I am installing them during the rebuild. I will make sure a send you pics for your approval. :D
i dont want the whistle dick award was just pointing it out like the tech inspector did to me. he still let me race too and told to have fixed by next race. He is pretty cool about getting everyone to race. look what he did for the john deere guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000