JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Lacrecia_HelmetGiveaway.jpg

RACING FOR A REASON
DragonFire Races To Beat Breast Cancer

Chandler, AZ October 11, 2016 — Wether they are pro racers or pit moms, women are uniting this weekend to win the battle against breast cancer. Since 2005, the Mojave Off-Road Racing Enthusiasts (M.O.R.E.) Powder Puff event has been raising money and awareness to beat breast cancer. On Saturday, October 15, a full field of female racers head to the desert just outside Barstow, CA, to race towards a cure and once again DragonFire is proud to be participating.

DragonFire's Pro UTV racer Lacrecia Beurrier is teaming up with our own operations controller Amy Johnson this year. “I have never forgotten how it all started for me at the M.O.R.E. Powder Puff event,” says the 3X Mint 400 winner and emergency room RN. “I had never even driven the Rhino before my first Powder Puff. I finished 4th out of 10 girls and racing became a passion after that. I continue to race and raise money to help breast cancer awareness to this day.”

Breast cancer remains a serious issue: Nearly 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. In 2016 alone, an estimated 246,660 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 61,000 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer according to non-profit Breastcancer.org.

“Nearly 12% of American women can expect to develop breast cancer in their lifetime,” she adds. “I have the pink highlights and ribbons on the race car for those that have lost, are fighting or have won their battle with cancer. I want to honor them and hopefully give them or their family a smile.”

In addition to her annual donations to the Cedars Sinai Breast Cancer research fund, Lacrecia stepped it up this year raffling off an MSR custom-painted replica helmet and matching pink jersey. The drawing for the winner will take place at the Powder Puff race.

“We are honored to help Lacrecia win the race for a cure,” adds co-driver Amy. She notes DragonFire also awarded five sets of pink belts at the Sand Sports Super Show, Arizona Off-Road Expo and Off-Road Expo in Pomona this year. “DragonFire is racing for a reason — beating breast cancer is the real finish line!” For “more” details on M.O.R.E. click here: http://moreracing.net/races/race-for-a-cure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000