DragonFire Races Towards A Cure

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

SAVING SECOND BASE!
DragonFire Races Towards A Cure

Chandler, AZ November 3, 2016 — DragonFire concluded Breast Cancer Awareness Month with donations to the Cedars Sinai Breast Cancer Research Fund and record outreach to the off-road community. Key components of the 2016 efforts to “think pink” included raffling 15 sets of pink restraints and a race replica helmet as well as competing in the 11th Annual M.O.R.E. Powder Puff Race Towards A Cure.

“If the Cubs can win the World Series, we should be able to win the race to save second base,” jokes DragonFire sales & marketing manager Megan Dible. “Seriously, the Powder Puff race has always been special to DragonFire, but this year was exceptional as DragonFire’s Pro UTV racer Lacrecia Beurrier teamed up with our own operations controller, Amy Johnson.”

Since 2005, the Mojave Off-Road Racing Enthusiasts (M.O.R.E.) Powder Puff event has been raising money and awareness to beat breast cancer. From pro racers to pit moms, women unite to beat breast cancer. “I have never forgotten how it all started for me at the M.O.R.E. Powder Puff event,” says Lacrecia, a 3X Mint 400 winner and emergency room nurse. “I have the pink highlights and ribbons on the race car for those that have lost, are fighting or have won their battle with cancer and I continue to race and raise money to help breast cancer awareness to this day.”

Breast cancer remains a serious issue: Nearly 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. In 2016 alone, an estimated 246,660 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 61,000 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer according to non-profit Breastcancer.org.

In addition to her annual donations to the Cedars Sinai Breast Cancer Research Fund, Lacrecia stepped it up this year. “On top of an already great weekend supporting breast cancer research at the MORE Powder Puff Race, we drew the winner of the amazing helmet donated by DragonFire Racing and MSR, wired by Rugged Radios and painted by Chris Shelton of Shelton Designs,” she says. “Congratulations Aaron Farris! Your support of our cause is greatly appreciated!”

“We were honored to help Lacrecia race for a cure,” adds co-driver Amy. She notes DragonFire also awarded five sets of pink belts at the Sand Sports Super Show, Arizona Off-Road Expo and Off-Road Expo in Pomona this year. “DragonFire is racing for a reason — saving second base is the real finish line!” Pink belts available here: http://www.dragonfireracing.com/product/901/dragonfire-h-style-4-point-3-inch-harness

ABOUT M.O.R.E.:
M.O.R.E. — Mojave Off-Road Racing Enthusiasts — provides a venue and format for off-road enthusiast to compete against one another in a grueling test of speed, endurance and ingenuity. M.O.R.E. aims to promote desert racing in Southern California and the surrounding areas. Having race classes from stock buggies to high end unlimited vehicles, M.O.R.E. provides a racing outlet for all off-road desert racers. Formed by Jim Clements in 1997, M.O.R.E. partnered with the Jeffers family for the 2014 season. M.O.R.E aims to keep racing affordable, competitive, safe and racer-friendly. Mojave Off-Road Racing Enthusiasts is here to serve the family of desert racers. For “more” details on M.O.R.E. click here: http://moreracing.net/races/race-for-a-cure

ABOUT LACRECIA BEURRIER:
With three Mint 400 wins under her belt, 2015 Best In The Desert Pro Unlimited UTV champion Lacrecia Beurrier knows a thing or two about battling long odds. However she races for a greater cause — she is out to honor the survival, determination and compassion of those fighting breast cancer. The pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness is not something Lacrecia just slapped on the car during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. “Racing For The Cure is where it all started for me,” she says. “My first race in my old Rhino was a charity event to raise money for the program.” Lacrecia quickly went from charity events and Powder Puff racing to the real deal, competing in what is billed as America’s toughest off-road race, The Mint 400! Not only did she finish the race, she won the Sportsman UTV class first time out and then came back to successfully defend her title. Last year she stepped up to the Pro Unlimited Class… and promptly won The Mint 400 again! She is proud to have put her hot pink Polaris RZRs on the top of the podium for all three of her Mint 400 wins. She is a true champion, on and off track — when she is not ripping it up on the race course, Lacrecia’s “real” job is as a registered nurse in Lake Havasu. DragonFire, Polaris and AZ West are honored to have teamed up with Lacrecia’s Rockstar Custom Motorsports effort this season. For details on Lacrecia Beurrier’s program visit Facebook.com/Rockstar-Racing

ABOUT DRAGONFIRE:
DragonFire shares your passion for the sport! Whether it is exploring the badlands, racing at the local track, hauling a bale of hay to the north 40 or taking the entire family to the dunes for a holiday weekend to make some memories, DragonFire is there! Not only does DragonFire pride itself on #MakingMemories, with the 2015 BITD Pro Unlimited title, another Heartland Classic win and three Mint 400s in the bank, we are also pretty darn good at #MakingChampions!

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Thank you so much for sharing my story! This is so important to me. I can't tell you how proud I am to race this race every year in honor of those that have lost, are fighting the fight or have won the fight with breast cancer. We appreciate the support of UTV Underground and all of our sponsors as continue to raise money to find a cure!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000