East Coast Racing

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
This is anything but short track, but you left coasters didn't give me a spot to post about racing in the "woods". If you would like to try something different and can travel a little, I guarantee a good time in the ECORS series. Joey, if there's a better place for this post, feel free to move it.

For 2011, ECORS will have a full UTV class. They let me race their last event in 2010 as an exhibition and it was a complete blast. I'm itching to get back out there and race with them.

Here's the writeup from my exhibition race - Polaris RZR-S Turns Heads at ECORS UTV Debut | ATV SCENE Magazine - ATV Reviews, News, Racing, Scene Girls & more

First race details - ECORS 2011 race #1 at The Flats, Marion, NC | Facebook

I would love to see a big UTV crowd there. The promoters, spectators and racers were super cool to me. I expect nothing less for 2011.

thanks,
-brit

ECORS

Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for the support Brit!

Our new website is up and going. We don't have much for UTVs on there yet since 2011 will be our first SxS class season.

Lots of fun on the east dodging trees and rocks in the woods! :)

www.ECORS.com

Rob

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I've been pumped about this series for months now. I can't wait to get back out there with you guys.

I'll be at all of the races.

We should have at least two with us, hopefully more.

I would love to see 20 or so UTV's on the starting line.

-b

ECORS

Jan 11, 2011
Hey, thanks all for everyone showing up in Auburn, AL.

We had a total of 15 UTVs racing the endurance race Saturday morning.

The UTVs ran with the Class A Jeeps and trucks since their course was the exact same. It caused some headaches with both classes but we can easily fix that with pre-registration of everyone.

Once we get you all pre-registered, we can plan a time slot for the UTVs.

The next race is in Spartanburg, SC July 9. This is the fairgrounds and there is a man-made rock course (concrete) on the infield of a 5/8 mile dirt circle track. We'll have some jumps, obstacles, straightaways, banked turns, and some small hills to navigate.

The format will be similar to that of a MX race where we'll have 2, 30 minute heats early in the day. The top 75% of each heat will move on to the main event later that afternoon. For the guys that didn't make the main, there will be a Last Chance Qualifier just before the main event. Depending on course setup, it'll be 1 or 2 laps on the course, the top ones from the LCQ will roll right in to the back of the main event start grid. There won't be time to get out of the rig. Once the LCQ guys line up, the green flag for the main drops! The main will be 1.5 hrs of endurance racing. Starting position for the Main will be determined by finishing order of the heats!

This is a totally new format for us and since it will be in some fairgrounds with a circle track and grand stands, it'll be the perfect setting to test out this format. If you all like it, we'll keep it for the future, if not, we'll change it up or move on to a new venue for 2012!

Registration opens Monday May 30! I highly suggest the UTV guys pre-register so we can plan for you all.

Entry fees are: $65 per UTV. Horns are required (disposable air horns are OK), a small first aid kit, 2 fire extinguishers, long pants and long sleeve shirts, rear view mirror, DOT helmets.

www.ECORS.com (we are updating the July 9 event right now!)

ECORS

Jan 11, 2011
Hey guys, I wanted to make sure you all keep in mind the course in Spartanburg has ZERO rocks in it so it will be non-destructive on your rig. As we grow this class, we want to be sure we offer you all what YOU want. I'm a off roader with an Unlimited Buggy so rocks are OK with me but if you all don't want rocks, we will eliminate those from the course.

The man-made rock course is the shot-crete rock crawl course, nothing loose to fly around or tear up A-arms. Remember, we are in the fairgrounds in Spartanburg and are running in and around a 5/8 mile dirt circle track. No trees to hit, no rocks to worry with, etc. it is similar to a MX track but with much less whoops and jumps.

If you all have any questions, feel free to send them to [email protected]

Thanks!

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I was at the last ECORS race in Auburn, AL. After pre-running the course I made a suggestion to remove one of the rock sections. After hearing the concern, the ECORS guys made a major course modification to accommodate the request.

These guys are going above and beyond to make a great series for the UTV's and it's showing as they went from 3 UTV's to 15 from the first race to the second. Everyone I spoke with after the Auburn race really enjoyed the course.

I'm looking forward to seeing this series evolve and become yet another growing East Coast UTV series.

-brit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000