Eclipse rv reviews

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I had a 2009 Ragen for 7 years and it was a great trailer. I had one issue with the generator in the first year and some bracket bending that held the water tank. Just outgrew the trailer and moved on to a Motorhome in June.

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
i love my 06 attitude, like mentioned little stupid shit has popped up but nothing major.. Then again i didnt buy one for 50 brand new i bought a used one for 10k.. I guess the pain is much less when its done that way.

Reactions: David in SoCal

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
Damn I guess I've been pretty lucky with our Forest River Stealth. It's totally a piece of crap the way it's built but it looks nice and has been pretty much trouble free so far for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I gotta agree, my Stealth is a shit box, but until recently it has given me little trouble. It's 6 years old and starting to fall apart.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I feel sorry for the guy that got now of out crazy friend warrior, many a trip at Glamis Paul would tow it about 40 mph down sand highway by gecko road through the medium size whoops lol, it actually handled the whoops good. Frickin nut job.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
I feel sorry for the guy that got now of out crazy friend warrior, many a trip at Glamis Paul would tow it about 40 mph down sand highway by gecko road through the medium size whoops lol, it actually handled the whoops good. Frickin nut job.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
Fuck my luck .. that's the exact camper I'd buy too.. I could see it advertised, "Barely used, like new" and off into the toyhauler hell of repairs I'd be into it.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I know over the Thanksgiving weekend i saw some guys parked with some toy haulers in some crazy spots, had me shakin my heading thinking how the hell did you get that down here and really how in the hell are you going to get it out haha!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Trailers and motorhomes don't like articulation either as flexing breaks shit. I have seen windshields in motorhomes pop out and hit the street when flexed hard. I know of a guy who had a full wall slide pop out and fall to the ground on a snowy night in a Walmart parking lot. Seriously just get good at screwing and gluing these Bastards back together and that's all there is to it.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Wildhorse

Oct 26, 2015
My In-Laws have a 27 or 28 foot Attitude 5th wheel Toy Hauler that they bought new back in 2006. The first year was pretty rough for them with it with lots of little nuisance items, but a couple of bigger things as well that he ended up fixing himself because his claims fell on deaf ears. They are shopping for a new rig and we are shopping for our first and we went out with them last weekend and one of the lots had new Attitudes and the Father In Law wouldn't even look inside them. Basically he had a RZR 800 until about a month ago and that was the heaviest thing that he had hauled in the back of it. Early on in his ownership he was driving down the highway and his buddy traveling behind him called him on his cell and told him that his passenger side tire didn't look right. It turned out that the frame had broken in two between the wheels on that side. He sent pictures, etc., to the manufacturer but nothing. No help or appearance to stand behind the product.

I guess he did it, or had some welding done to get home and then just fixed it himself after he got home. Most folks don't have this available to them, but his son (my brother in law) owns a fairly large RV repair and storage facility and he ended up beefing up that area of the frame on both sides and replacing both axles at his cost. I would say that having seen it myself I wouldn't buy one just because of the lack of support by the manufacturer when something really goes wrong. They still have the trailer and it still looks new even though they use is often. Now that it works as advertised they really seemed to have enjoyed it. Good luck....

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
I know over the Thanksgiving weekend i saw some guys parked with some toy haulers in some crazy spots, had me shakin my heading thinking how the hell did you get that down here and really how in the hell are you going to get it out haha!
That was probably us lol.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
My recommendation is if you live in socal and live close to the factory then you can take it there and make them repair it. If you live out of state you better be happy with the place you buy it from cause they will only be able to do so much for you.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

spence3601

Aug 20, 2017
I have a 2003 26' bumper tow attitude about a year ago I was unloading it after a trip and noticed the rear garage door wasn't touching the ground on the right side we were on flat concrete at my shop so looked underneath and the frame had broke behind right rear tire !!! Looked across and left side about to go aswell !!! We welded some 3/8" plates all along the inside of the frame on both sides it's stronger now than it ever could be ! Also we had problems for years with tires rubbing the inner wheel
Well when Turning. We took it to our local trailer repair place and they said our axels were shot ? Wth ? So we put in better higher rated load capacity and it solved problem the mechanic told
Us the stock ones were underrated !!! Anyways remember they build these things with the cheapest crap possible and there all the Same no matter what brand you buy !!! I'm due for an upgrade wifey wants a nicer one. I will
Buy a used one and reinforce the frame myself and axels . They all have lil BS problems I've fixed so many can't Remember them all , we are on our second roof also the sun just kills them . I've always thought to rip off the vinyl roof and find a place to spray it thick with white Bedliner I bet would last forever since the sun doesn't seam to Damage that stuff .. any how good luck with your trailer your not alone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

David in SoCal

Dec 21, 2017
spence3601: Our first Attitude(2008 L21LB) also developed frame cracks above the axles. We had a certified welder fix ours before it broke in two.(check your frames every trip kids!) This is not an Eclipse problem, but a problem with Lippert Components; who make the frames. Most of the trailers out there use Lippert frames. I was told the frames will especially be prone to cracks when doing tight turns, more-so when loaded to the max. We bought our 21' used in 2013 and absolutely LOVED it! BUT; it was getting too hard for us to climb the ladder to get into the rear upper bed, and decided to get a new 2018 Attitude 28iBG; mainly because we had such good luck with the old one. Boy, were we surprised! At the PDI @ Giant RV, we found the inverter under the bed torn off/cover for propane tanks missing/table top for sofa slide missing/coffee table had only 1 support post and was very unstable(factory was nice enuf to add one for us; many thanks to Cristopher/Daniel/Kevin)/tear in the unprotected sub-woofer(I put a Kicker GR100 grill on it)/kicker amps not adjusted properly/touch lights in bedroom and near rear beds caused interference with the sound on AM-FM radio(to be replaced)/cracked lens in ceiling light/one ceiling light in bath that was not connected/junction box cover under kitchen counter missing. Our salesman Joe A. in Montlcair was very nice and helpful in working with the factory to remedy our issues. Then after we got the trailer out of the factory for the first round of repairs; the water heater quit the first trip out(pushing gas but no spark; worked before trip; most likely a bad circuit board)/black tank monitor panel was giving us false readings(empty or full-nuttin in between. Found sensor wires pinched in between frame and floor)/3 cracked 'Attitude' graphic stickers/plastic wire cover inserts on outside of electric awning warped and fell off/noticed the black/grey water tanks filled up faster than normal; called the tank manufacturer when we got back-gave them the model #'s-they said those tanks are 38 gallons each instead of the 50 gallons that are supposed to be on that trailer. Factory replacing tanks as I write./ Wood facing at bottom inside of sofa slide starting to separate/no wiper seal on top inside of sofa slide/hole in upper rear corner of sofa slide(daylight coming thru when slide is open or closed)/hole drilled in floor between right fender well and entry door that was covered by vinyl flooring but never sealed from underneath/most of the electrical/water/propane lines that go thru the floor were not sealed/sheet metal in cooling duct for fridge was loose and buzzing when stereo was on/screen over vent for fridge in floor had gaps big enuf for a large mouse to crawl in/all lock cylinders in the outside compartment doors were loose/water filter under kitchen sink is a REAL bee-atch to install/remove. Also have been waiting since endo July to get the missing manuals/warranty for some of the appliances/extras. I will say, that the Mrs. and I love the design/roominess/tow-ability/storage/two slides on this hauler, as we are planning on a trip cross country next year. Right now, it's in the factory for the second time to fix all the issues, and everyone at the Riverside factory have been super nice and helpful. Just takes a while to get in for service. We are hoping this will be the last time for warranty service, but we are very gun-shy of this rig now. Will let y'all know how the repairs go when we git-r back. Merry CHRISTmas everyone; God Bless and safe travels!

Last edited:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I have a 2003 26' bumper tow attitude about a year ago I was unloading it after a trip and noticed the rear garage door wasn't touching the ground on the right side we were on flat concrete at my shop so looked underneath and the frame had broke behind right rear tire !!! Looked across and left side about to go aswell !!! We welded some 3/8" plates all along the inside of the frame on both sides it's stronger now than it ever could be ! Also we had problems for years with tires rubbing the inner wheel
Well when Turning. We took it to our local trailer repair place and they said our axels were shot ? Wth ? So we put in better higher rated load capacity and it solved problem the mechanic told
Us the stock ones were underrated !!! Anyways remember they build these things with the cheapest crap possible and there all the Same no matter what brand you buy !!! I'm due for an upgrade wifey wants a nicer one. I will
Buy a used one and reinforce the frame myself and axels . They all have lil BS problems I've fixed so many can't Remember them all , we are on our second roof also the sun just kills them . I've always thought to rip off the vinyl roof and find a place to spray it thick with white Bedliner I bet would last forever since the sun doesn't seam to Damage that stuff .. any how good luck with your trailer your not alone !!

Im sure if the trailer comes apart on the freeway and injures people the list will be long on list of companies who get sued.

Rollin B

Nov 17, 2018
I am looking at a 28 ft tow behind and wondering if anyone has any reviews on this manufacturer? They look very well built and they seem to have been making toy haulers for awhile. Thank you for any input.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
DO NOT EVER BUY AN ECLIPSE PRODUCT!

Our Stellar toy hauler has been a nightmare from day one. You can see our whole review, with pictures of the problems at http://rollinboulders.com - BUYER BEWARE - Do not buy an ECLIPSE TOY HAULER!

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000