Electric R1 Shifter

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ben I almost went the same way...and would still like to as an option.BUT... Tom @ Tompro design buggies talked me out of it...he said he tried one on one of his turbo'ed busa's. He told me he had some issues with the electronic's not killing the pulse to the coil long enough to unlaod the motor. Mainly he had problems going from 1-2...and 2-3rd. He implied that because the wheel speed to ground speed was so different it didnt kill the coil pulse long enough to get shifted... I hope it works as it would be a sweeeeet set up.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Ohhhh and pingel said they would sell me a "Universal" kit that would save a few bucks because I wouldnt need bike specific parts;)

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
Ben I almost went the same way...and would still like to as an option.BUT... Tom @ Tompro design buggies talked me out of it...he said he tried one on one of his turbo'ed busa's. He told me he had some issues with the electronic's not killing the pulse to the coil long enough to unlaod the motor. Mainly he had problems going from 1-2...and 2-3rd. He implied that because the wheel speed to ground speed was so different it didnt kill the coil pulse long enough to get shifted... I hope it works as it would be a sweeeeet set up.
That is true,but there is a tranny mod for $350.00 that can done to take care of that issue,having done as we speak.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
That is true,but there is a tranny mod for $350.00 that can done to take care of that issue,having done as we speak.
What you have to do back cut the gears like an override tranny??? That would definatly work...but my motor will never come apart:cool:Im looking at this thing as a throw away motor and just buy a new one when she cuts loose...lol...Thats the plan anyways....if I can stick to it

Yea,they don't have a R1 kit,the"Universal" kit is what I went with.
Yea those guys were pretty helpful when I spoke to them. Top notch

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
What you have to do back cut the gears like an override tranny??? That would definatly work...but my motor will never come apart:cool:Im looking at this thing as a throw away motor and just buy a new one when she cuts loose...lol...Thats the plan anyways....if I can stick to it

Yea those guys were pretty helpful when I spoke to them. Top notch
It's kind of like a backcut but not a override tranny like a banshee,as long as you keep the chain adjusted,don't let sand in the motor an have a good tune in the PC3,it should last a loooong time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000