Electrical Guru ?

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Ok To all electricians, I just installed 3 HIDs on my teryx, for the time being i just wanted to get them on so I could go for a night trip we had, I put all three lights on the same switch with a relay. the teryx ran great all night, would not have the lights on when not running and would only turn them on when running, but out of nowhare it just shut off I tried to start and nothing, when tring to turn klights on only one of the three would come on, we ended up jump starting it and it ran fine but I was not able to use any lights, noit even my headlights, I need some goood advise inn regards to fixing my problems, any and all help would be appreciated

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I had a friend with 4 hids on his rhino and he had to upgrade the batt bu come to find out it was the ground wasnt good enough ! Have you checked to see what the voltage is with the lights on yet ?

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
You shouldn't have a problem running 4 hids on one switch as long as you have the right relay and have the switch triggering the relay not supplying the power. Also make sure you are using the right GA. Wire for your power and ground

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
I will say that the relay that i have is only for two lights and i did add the third just to have the lights for this ride, and what gauge wire would you suggest. these are only 35 amp HIDS

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Depends on what's coming off the light to begin with and how far they are going. What Ga are you running to the relay and how many amps is the relay that ur using ?

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
i hooked up 4 7in. hids on a tyrex i built a friend of mine and used 2 switches and grounded the lights straight to battery and used 14 gauge wire with no problems:D

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
You can use 2 switches as long as they are rated over the amp draw of the lights. Or can just use 1 thru a relay and should have a prob ethier kinda sounds like the relay can't handle it or is hooked up wrong

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Keith, That's my luck, I hope it is that i put to many lights on one switch or i have it connected to the battery wrong, either way these lights are to exspensive not to get them to work right, cuz i can't send them back now.:eek:
When I come over to build the bumper and bring the other rhino over for its 4 seat cage I will let you look at it and give me some advise, cause we are going to have to put the 4th light on the front bumper anyway. I'll give you a call. Maybe this next weekend we could start this:eek:. You should have been there the other night it was :cool:. Get back to me soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000