Enclosed Trailer Buildup

NEVERENOUGH

Oct 25, 2009
Rigid makes some pretty sick Led replacement bulbs for factory rv lights. I can't wait to see you install the windows in the side. I wish my Gearbox had a few more windows in it.

AlternativeOffroad

Alternative Off Road - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Ya know for such a clean and purpose built rig, think I'd research a couple of good battery-powered self contained LED type lights.
Then, get creative with some magnets. Put a couple of thin strips of steel under your cabinets over the sink and a magnet on the back of the fixture, bingo, lights and no wires.
A couple of other strips of steel over the bed area, or wherever you might want light, and just take the fixture with you when you go to bed, heck, even take it outside if you need to. If you wind up with 4 places for lights buy 2 fixtures, even with two of you in the trailer you can't be in more than two places at once.
Simplifies the wiring, gives you good light, and the ability to take it where you need it.
Dude, that's a GREAT idea. I just might do that for the side lights over the bed, since I already ran under cabinet lighting for the kitchen area.
I gotta admit this is a good looking project man and the savings is even better
Thanks man!

Rigid makes some pretty sick Led replacement bulbs for factory rv lights. I can't wait to see you install the windows in the side. I wish my Gearbox had a few more windows in it.
Yeah I'm a dealer for Rigid, I have some of those LED bulbs I'm just wondering if that's the route I want to take or if I wanna stick with halogen overheads for the color temperature, I guess I'll just have to play around and see what works best. As far as windows, yeah there's only gonna be 3 windows in this thing, the 2 big side ones and obviously the door window, but I think it's gonna work out just fine for what I need. I might end up putting a small 6x12 window for the bunk area (maybe) but I'm really stoked to put the rest of the windows in too!

Stay tuned guys!

AlternativeOffroad

Started off yesterday by removing the paneling on the sides where the windows were going.. right side went easy and the left side took us double the time.. pain in the ass.

put some insulation in and cut out the hole

done! this took all day, it was quite the project but it came out really clean. i'm very happy with the results

JFK Rhino Team

Apr 3, 2011
nice trailer, nice finishing too.

over here it's cheaper and more interesting (traffic laws etc) to buy a truck

NorCalRider

Jan 15, 2011
Northern California
Its coming along nice. I looked at a 24' interstate trailer the other day that was only a few years old and a decent deal. Might go get it this week and start my build up. The cool thing about this trailer was they had a door installed on the right side over the wheel arch for getting out of a vehicle when it was in the trailer and it had already been wired with dual batterys inside for backup lighting and a winch mount. Yours is looking great. Inspiring me to get on the ball and get started.

FBT

Looks like you are making some serious progress.
I don't know whether or not you already have a generator, if not, this may be of interest to you.
I have an Arctic Fox 990 Cabover camper, it is a 2002. It came with a roof A/C unit, and a POS Generac propane generator that was so unreliable I pulled it out, and put a floor in the little compartment.
I bought a little Honda EU2000, and it fits right in there.
It will also start and run that roof A/C!
I was suprised as heck. I have to shut down the battery charging load and force the fridge into gas mode, but I have run that A/C for several hours on the genny no problem.
It will also run my little Hobart 120 mini-mig welder, which has saved our behinds more than once out in the desert.
If yo are going to do a roof a/c I'd get one with the lighter starting load then you can get a little Genny like mine to run it.
If you want the make model etc info on that a/c just post up, I can get it for you no problem.

AlternativeOffroad

actually yeah i'd love the make and model of the a/c unit. i know theres a few out there by coleman and dometic that have something like 12,600 btu's and a smaller starting load. i might end up just getting a portable 3000 watt generator, the hondas are super pricey

FBT

Okay I will get the info for you this week and post it up in here.
Yeah, the Hondas are pricey, but they are quiet as heck and are super dependable. They are inverter style, and can run sensitive elctronics without damaging them.
I have a couple of Honda generators and bought them using a plan Honda has every now and then where if you pay it off in a year there is no interest.
The EU2000i can be found for under a grand if you snoop around.

AlternativeOffroad

This weekend was more of planning and such but I got my toilet, black, grey, and fresh water tanks in this week and I have a 12 volt water pump and some fittings and cabinet hardware on the way.

We were able to put cabinet doors on as well as build a platform for the toilet since there was a beam directly underneath where I wanted the toilet we had to transfer the plumbing over a foot to compensate.
Next week our goal is to finish plumbing and finish carpentry work such as drawer slides, trim molding, and finish paneling in the bathroom.

FBT

Looking good. I wrote that A/C info down for you and then left it in the camper. I will get it and post tomorrow afternoon. Plan on having a 110vac plug up close to your roof vent, these systems bolt right to the top of the vent, and the controls are on the inside, but you will need power close as they don't come with much of a pigtail.

AlternativeOffroad

Been a while since I've updated this but we have gotten a lot done!

Got the black, grey, and fresh water tanks, all fittings, all pipe and tube and put those under the trailer, custom mounted and everything, we also got a little 3 gallon water heater and made a plate for that under the sink mounted next to the 12volt demand pump. I just have to do some more plumbing work to connect the black and grey to dump valve and the plumbing will be done for the most part.

Next week I will install the exterior shower, water fill, and 30 amp power inlet.

Then comes electrical..!

AlternativeOffroad

Been a long time! We've gotten so much done recently, installed porch lighting, ramp lighting, new interior lights, completely finished the electrical and plumbing and started to install the floor in the bathroom. Got the Seelevel II tank monitor system installed and tested. Also got Formica for the countertops and installed it, put in 6" Kicker speakers in the ceiling, I'm thinking another month or so and this thing will be set!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Looks great and for not much money!
What did you do for a generator?I agree with FBT on the Hondas.I have had my EU2000 for 10 years and it is the best money I ever spent.

AlternativeOffroad

Thank you very much! I'll have to post some updated pictures of it all, looks quite different now.
As for the generator, I just went with a Champion 3000 watt remote start generator for just under $500. It works great and it comes with a key fob so I can start it from inside the toyhauler. I'll see how it works out for me but for the money it sounded good and had great reviews. Eventually I will probably work up the money for a Honda or Yamaha unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000