Engine Knock or Other Rattle? ?

redfarmer84

Nov 15, 2018
Hey guys. Just signed up here hoping to get a little help on diagnosing this 2014 RZR 900 xp. It has a little over 160 hours on it and around 2,000 miles. Was sitting in girlfriends basement since early 2016 and since I have gotten it out and put battery in it, changed oil and plugs and gotten it going.

It has this knocking sound and was supposedly put up ok. I changed the cam chain tensioner and that didn't fix it. After changing the plugs I noticed it would run and quit. Something was hitting the #1 plug electrode and closeing it. Oddly, if I used the "Old" plugs it wouldn't hurt them. The replacement NGK plugs used are recommended for the RZR 900 too. We have ran this thing probably (no more) a total of 2 hours run time like it moving it around and starting and testing. What do you think the problem is. Would like to wrench on it this Saturday and Sunday and fix it becuase we are going to the family farm for a week on Monday and everyone will be riding all week.

redfarmer84

Nov 15, 2018
This video was taken after I installed new spark plugs (NGK) and a new cam chain tensioner. You can hear where the engine is trying to quit from the electrode on the plug being hit closed. If I install the plugs that were in it, they don't get affected. Those plugs are also a recommendation for this machine.

redfarmer84

Nov 15, 2018
This video was right after I installed a new battery and before I "tuned it up" and before I replaced the cam chain tensioner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000