Epi clutch kit for rzr

Jacob

Oct 10, 2013
Will do ,thanks. I was just wondering if anybody out there had one installed ,and wanted to see if it was big difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacob

Oct 10, 2013
Everything on my razor is completely stock so the rear 26/12/12 and front 26/9/12

Jacob

Oct 10, 2013
Everything on rzr is stock rear are 26/12/12 and front 26/9/12 . I just want more power ,my top end is 56 mph and want more bottom end

Mud-and-Guts

Oct 6, 2009
A while back i picked up two Quadboss Clutch kits (same thing as EPI just branded QuadBoss even had EPI sticker in the box) for my 2013 RZR 800 S. I was looking for a little more giddy up so I picked up both the stock tire kit and the 27-28" tire kit.. I am running 27" Dirt Commanders that run a little short.

In the stock tire kit was a white primary spring, green secondary spring and 66 weights. In the second kit which was a 27-28" tire kit was a white primary spring, green secondary spring, and 64 weights. Only difference between the two kits was the weights.

I tried both kits and they both, for an instance, offered a much improved hard launch but almost immediately they caused my bike to shut down on hard launch, I assume because the rpm would jump so fast the bike was either hitting the rev limiter for an instance or the ECU was shutting the bike down thinking the belt was slipping. Stock Clutch engagement was around 15-1700 and with both kits as supplied engagement was 25-2700 rpm (white spring). For my style of riding (Trail Riding) I felt the high engagement of the kits was to high so I decided I wanted something between the two.

After trying both kits I did a little more research and then went to EPI to check the options and weights of their primary springs then eventually decided on and ordered an EPI silver primary spring. With my setup now (silver primary, green secondary, and 66 weights) clutch engagement is around 19-2100rpm which gives a really good launch with no ECU shut down. On the trails clutch engagement is noticeably a little higher and the throttle is a little more responsive down low which is exactly what I was looking for. The new clutch setup gives a harder launch than stock with more wheel spin and a much better feel.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Need help on best clutch kit for rzr800 s 09

You should also give the Dalton Clutch a look. I have one in my 2010-S and it's like night and day for us over stock. I added ~100lbs in cage and I am running the ITP Baja Cross tires. This clutch provides tons of bottom end and is adjustable without removing it. I spoke with Jason Weller before buying and looked at all of the others. I settled on this one and I am not the least bit disappointed.

http://www.wellerracing.com/Clutch_c_350.html

Dan...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000