Exploring Our Property w/ The John Deere Gator

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Took the John Deere on a trip around our 14 acres

I had a blast today playing with the new John Deere Gator 825i XUV. I tossed my little boy Enzo into the front seat with me and took a small cruise around our 14 acres here in Valley Center, CA. While I have been here now for almost 2 months I have had little time to go explore and see all the property has to offer.

The view from the top of the property. Thats our house hidden at the bottom. The oak tress you see below the house will be where the future track will go.

My father in law purchased this property almost 8 years ago. Its a cool property that we were super lucky to be able to move too and into a 3 year old home he had built and now passed on to me and my wife. The property has 2 natural springs on it, one that flows into a man made pond and another that runs into a good size creek at the bottom of the property. Most of the property is planted out with drought tolerant plants that my father in law farms and sells to local nurseries. All the water used to irrigate comes from our natural springs, the water is clean enough to drink! The rest of the property is filled with large natural oaks, avacado trees, and differet types of citrus trees including oranges and lemons. One of the other cool things on the property is a small quartz mine that my kids love to go dig in to pull out some beautiful looking rocks. Some of which could probably be sold off, but for now we collect them, wash them, and place them in a flower bed we have for decoration.

Part of the quartz mine. The kids love playing in it!

I took the John Deere down to a 3-4 acre meadow we have at the bottom of our property. I have plans of a track going in down here but after experiencing its serenity I will have a hard time cutting in dirt trails to rip around in. Whats cool is the trakc would be completely hidden by large oak trees. It will take some hard labor and creativity to lay out a good track but in time we will have something that we can spin some laps off on and test our suspension set ups with.

We have plenty of water on the property to use to wet down the dirt once we do cut in a small test track

In all I cant wait to do more here. The John Deere has already been used a ton around the house. My father in law has cut up a ton of wood and hauled it with the large electronic dump bed. I wil try and get some good pics of it in action but for now enjoy some cool pics of it on the "The Ranch".

Down here in the meadow we have a horse corral that may have to be moved for the track, moved not taken down, my daughter cant wait to have a horse of her own!

We found an old row boat on the property, dont ask me how it got here.....hahah

Parked down by the corral

Great views from up here

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Nice pics Joey , Looks like that JD will be perfect for that ranch , That push button dump has to be the ticket

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I see lotsa firewood for those cold Ocotillo nights. Great pix JD. Looks like a sweet piece of property to get away from all the daily BS at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000