Other FOX Shocks, add a Remote Reservoir?

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Their was some talk about this on a minibuggy fourm awhile back and it sounds like back in the day it was a popular thing to do with the stadium buggys. Their where a few pics posted of older buggies with air shocks and a reservoir but no one had any first hand experience with it. I have thought about doing this my self. Remove the schrader valve from the shock and have a hose made to go from their to the reservoir and add the new schrader valve their.
A few things holding me back. I dont know how big to make a reservoir. I dont really know how it will affect the shock valving. I also dont know if the NTP thread where the schrader valve is on the shock would be a large enough size hole to transfer oil/nitrogen and work well.

Any one have any thing they can add to this?

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Their was some talk about this on a minibuggy fourm awhile back and it sounds like back in the day it was a popular thing to do with the stadium buggys. Their where a few pics posted of older buggies with air shocks and a reservoir but no one had any first hand experience with it. I have thought about doing this my self. Remove the schrader valve from the shock and have a hose made to go from their to the reservoir and add the new schrader valve their.
A few things holding me back. I dont know how big to make a reservoir. I dont really know how it will affect the shock valving. I also dont know if the NTP thread where the schrader valve is on the shock would be a large enough size hole to transfer oil/nitrogen and work well.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why you don't just pick up the phone and call FOX! They are air shock experts! They make air shocks for off-road, atvs, and bicycles. They will know the answers you are looking for.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

if an emulsion shock, the piston will have to change also, when the resi is installed.

Bear Foot

It's time to Revolt!
May 2, 2010
Bountiful, Utah
I'm sorry but I don't understand why you don't just pick up the phone and call FOX! They are air shock experts! They make air shocks for off-road, atvs, and bicycles. They will know the answers you are looking for.
I called today, but couldn't get through. I looked all through their web page again, just in case I missed something.
This post was a shot in the dark, to see if it had ever been done.

Last edited:

Bear Foot

It's time to Revolt!
May 2, 2010
Bountiful, Utah

Thanks for the Info!

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Their is a few guys on minibuggy.net running them. I was looking around today one guy just has a 1/2" ntp hose and says he has put a ton of miles on then with luck. I may try it at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000