FYI Homer Simpson.......

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
While sitting around the campfire or out on the trail there are many discussions and one that usually comes around is what you might do for an occupation... Well I'm a Power Plant Operator, and when I tell people one of the first responses I get is....Oh, like Homer Simpson :confused: ... Well sorta, but not at a Nuclear facility... Anyways we deal with a lot of issues and circumstances that put our lives at risk and we strive to make safety our #1 priority, besides taking the UTV's out on the trail. Well Yesterday was my turn to "suit up" and rack out some of our 4160V breakers, one of our most dangerous tasks. Well I know its a long discussion just to explain the picture I'm attaching, but all of the Homer Simpson lovers should enjoy. And if your wondering why I look like I'm about to enter space, watch the video..... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bBvmPRqfmo"]Arc flash Accident - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
They have some stuff that is electrically assisted that we have, and helps for racking breakers in and out....but sometimes you have to troubleshoot with the door open....We happened to blow a fuse on 1 phase of our 4160 breaker, therefore we suit up. Not worth the risk...I should have taken photos of the fuse...we got bored and dissected the fuse...all I can saw is we are all amazed at what we found inside...Baffled guys that have worked in the industry for 30yrs....

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
Dude,

Wheres the nugget protection?

I have my own 40 cal suit @ work being a Power Plant I & E Tech.

Real comfy in the summer.

The real Crazies are the Substation Electricians Racking in/out 13.8/69KV.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
You know how it is, when the wife has you by the cojones, you don't need to protect them, you have to get them back ;) It's hard to see in the pic, put we have dark navy blue pants that I'm wearing....Yeah, substation electricians are crazy...At our safety kickoff a couple years ago we had to sit through a presentation of a fatality with one of our substation electricians...Not something I care to hear or see again...lets just say I wasn't hungry for awhile....

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I have watched a safety video remember Charlie twice and it had got to me each time . Life is just to short to go out like that .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000