Get Ready....

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I am expecting to see some action from Polaris pretty soon. All signs point to a vehicle launch of some kind, maybe multiple launches this year.

With that said, out team is headed to the high desert with Textron in another week to do a full arrive & drive vehicle intro. I will be sending Daniel Schenkelberg to go and be the first to drive the Textron Wildcat XX.

For now we are all on the edge of our seat over here in prep for whats next from Polaris and whats to come down the line. I keep hearing something big for 2020 model year which would technically be launched in Summer of 19.

The beat goes on.....

Reactions: Glamisfan

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
I sure hope Polaris has a full redesigned RZR. Maybe it's actually time to start a whole new line of SxS.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The Wildcat XX looks pretty good. Let’s hope Textron comes with much better quality. Have a few friends with the wildcat X and it’s a miracle they have lasted. Both have gone through a few motors.

Polaris better hurry up and release something. Can Am is selling a lot of those X3s out west.

Each time I have gone to Glamis more and more Can Ams are showing up.
I see a lot of the X3 Max.

Good thing for Polaris is Can Am quality is just so so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
The Wildcat XX looks pretty good. Let’s hope Textron comes with much better quality. Have a few friends with the wildcat X and it’s a miracle they have lasted. Both have gone through a few motors.

Polaris better hurry up and release something. Can Am is selling a lot of those X3s out west.

Each time I have gone to Glamis more and more Can Ams are showing up.
I see a lot of the X3 Max.

Good thing for Polaris is Can Am quality is just so so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure I believe that Polaris is better quality than can-am and I have owned a few of each.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
He didn’t say Polaris quality is better. He said can I am is so-so.

I sure hope Polaris launches something that’s better than the X.3! And please let it not have a damn belt!

Reactions: Simi Dude

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Not sure I believe that Polaris is better quality than can-am and I have owned a few of each.
My point was that Can Am quality is not superior, nor is their quality control. I had a XP1000 that had over 5400 miles when I sold it. It was solid and only major issue was wiring harness that was replaced. Otherwise it was gas and go.

I now own a X-3 RS and the primary clutch was bad from the factory (replaced under warranty at 86 miles). I also have have issues with the check engine light and limp mode. As I tear into the car I often shake my head. Had all three spark plugs drowning in anti-seize from the factory and discovered a kinked and pinched fuel vent line.

The car is an absolute blast to drive, but so far Can Am has not impressed me with quality control or overall quality.

Polaris I am sure will come out with something that will be near the 200hp range and have a 72" wide model. Can't wait to see what they offer.

2018 should be a fun year in the sport SXS segment.

CSG

Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I forgot about all the issues you have had, Get ready for cracks in the frame too. Not sure if that secret is out yet!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I forgot about all the issues you have had, Get ready for cracks in the frame too. Not sure if that secret is out yet!
Seriously? Where are you seeing cracks in the frame? I have seen the X-3 Max with some cracks, but not the 2 seat X-3.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Cracks in the frame! That’s a new one on me too! I wouldn’t doubt it if it’s in the front end somewhere where all those single sheer with secondary plates are. The engineer that designed that should be fired.

Reactions: Simi Dude

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
He didn’t say Polaris quality is better. He said can I am is so-so.

I sure hope Polaris launches something that’s better than the X.3! And please let it not have a damn belt!
I still feel like the belt is here to stay. But having one machine with a belt option or paddle shift option would be fantastic.

CSG

Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Yes, cracks in the front of 2 seaters. Our thoughts are that the material chosen is harder than mild steel so they are experiencing some of the cracks you typically see in hard alloys.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I kind of think that the majority of people like the belt. I just don’t like the never knowing when it’s going to blow thing! Yamaha made attempt, but they screwed their self with no low range. Honda has that dual clutch transmission that works good. So I think the days of the belts are limited.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I am ready haha!

Been waiting for a new vehicle to tickle my fancy so i can pass my current rzr onto my brother.

Definitely interested in seeing the Textron version of the Wildcat XX that actually gets released to the public.

I would definitely be interested in a newly designed RZR.

I know oh about 3 months ago or so there was that picture floating around of what looked like a single seat XP 1000 of some kind, not sure if it was dismissed as tom foolery, determined to be photo shopped or what but figured i would fuel the rumor a mill a bit!!!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I will add that this is not on a buggy that sees "normal use".
I could see that being an issue on the ones used for racing or the crazy hill climb stuff where you are bashing the front suspension. I thought Can Am has that silly bend in the RS lower arms so those bend before you crack or bend the frame. I will keep an eye on it for sure.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I kind of think that the majority of people like the belt. I just don’t like the never knowing when it’s going to blow thing! Yamaha made attempt, but they screwed their self with no low range. Honda has that dual clutch transmission that works good. So I think the days of the belts are limited.
I agree. Belt driven is easier to drive and appeals to the masses. If Yamaha had introduced the sport shift model first, I think they would have sold more initially.

Going to be interesting to see what Polaris releases. Who knows maybe 2018 is the year Honda jumps in to the sport market.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I had such high hopes about the Yamaha release. My XP turbo purchase is actually a rebound purchase from being disappointed by Yamaha. Now every time I hear Yamaha or Honda or Kawasaki I laugh and cry at the same time. Anyone of them could build the best thing out there, but they won’t.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000