Glen Helen RCEWy-Baja Cup

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
Very small desert style race for UTV's this weekend at Glen Helen on sunday. Anyone going? I know all the short course cars will be at elsinore this weekend, but this race give desert UTV's a chance to race local. Its only a 30 minute heat on sunday at 630pm...

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Found it.

Race Entry Fees: $300 for trucks and buggies, $50 for UTV’s

Sunday Schedule – June 28th – Move in & Race Day
Gates Open: Sunday, June 28th at 7am for move-in and pit set-up
Registration Open: Located in the main tower, near the main grandstands for Driver sign-up and check-in from 8am – 1pm.
Tech & Safety Inspection: Located in the main pit area (south lot), tech services provided by Art Savedra and the ARTS Tech Team from 8am – 1pm
Race Course Pre-run: Track open for all drivers and vehicles for a controlled-speed pre-run. NO RACING! Anyone racing or at race speed will be removed from the track. Pre-run from 10am – 11:30am

UTV Race: Starting on the main national track from 6:30pm – 7pm (race duration ½ hour)

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
ok... you r faster than me... that is all the info... it techs through ARTS!!! I think the use BITD or SCORE rules for UTV's

Wild Earp

Heres what I got back from their tech inspector for the basic safety list.

Hey thanks for asking before you get to Glen Helen Raceway Park.

UTV racing is a DANGEROUS SPORT. OK being that we are a SHORT COURSE event not all "desert" reqiurements are needed. We highly recommend that your vehicle has the following requirements to race;

1. Snell SA2000 or Snell SA2005 rated helmet. You are in a race vehicle.
2. Single layer SFI rated fire resiant driving suit, multi layer is highly recommend. SFI rated gloves shoes are recommend, but not require to pass tech.
3. Head and Neck restrains are not yet required, but HIGHLY recommend.
4. All fuel lines must be hose clamped or secured with stock clamps
5. Vehicle fuel cell required. Bladder within a steel container filled with foam blocks. Please NO HOME MAKE fuel cells. No leaking cells
6. LIGHTS....Brake lights and tail lights required. Brake lights must be operated by brake peddle.
7. Roll cage must have gussets were main hoop meet around the driver and passenger. A diagonal cross bar from upper drivers "B" piler to lower pasenders "B" piler.
8. Full drivers and passenger window openings are to be covered with a safety net.
9. UTV vehicles are require a metal roof over the driver and passenger no less 3/16 minimum thickness.
10. FIRE EXTINGUSHER, lets be safe have it handy.
11. Safety harnesses. 5 point (no "Y" or "V" type) must have a latch lock, "NO TWIST LATCH" Minimum 3 year old from manufactures date, No wear marks or stretch marks.
12. Head rests are required, made into the seats or mounted on rollcage.

This is a basic safety list to pass tech inspection. I'll work on a UTV rule book for the guys racing and the Tech team.

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
so r u racing??? I am going to drive to the track saturday afternoon and see if there are any entries... i think it would be fun, but i dont think anyone has signed up yet!! It is mainly been promoted for the trucks and buggies!

Wild Earp

Im going to try, but I have alot to do before then, and I really want to go watch the Lucas race. I have literaly 5 miles test time on my new motor/clutch, and currently have no shifter linkage and all the wiring in my car is out on the floor next to it. :) So maybe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000