GPS in race cars

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Is there anyone using a tablet for there GPS in the race car or does everyone use Lowrance? What are the benefits of using a Lowrance over a tablet or visa versa? I'm looking to put in a Nice GPS in my recreation car and trying to figure out what is best.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Seems to be a lot of people moving towards the tablet, awesome tech for sure and mob armor guys at SSSS told me they were coming out with their own navigation software... another advantage, you xould load your repair manual on the tablet in case you broke down on the trail, instant diagnostic help ;) or maybebyour a music guy, load your music up too. Then if you need a camera to capture that one moment, bam, snap a pic...

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I've been using a Lowrance for 9 years. It works fine, but is hard to learn and navigate through the menus when you don't ride every day or even every week. I put my iPad Air in my Rzr last season using the Leadnav app. Best off road accessory ever! I downloaded satellite imagery for all the places I ride. I can literally see alternate trails around me as I drive. I also have Californiatrailsmap loaded into the Leadnav app. I highly recommend it too. That's the second pic.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I've been using a Lowrance for 9 years. It works fine, but is hard to learn and navigate through the menus when you don't ride every day or even every week. I put my iPad Air in my Rzr last season using the Leadnav app. Best off road accessory ever! I downloaded satellite imagery for all the places I ride. I can literally see alternate trails around me as I drive. I also have Californiatrailsmap loaded into the Leadnav app. I highly recommend it too. That's the second pic.
Your dash is awesome!

Reactions: Glamisfan

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Is there anyone using a tablet for there GPS in the race car or does everyone use Lowrance? What are the benefits of using a Lowrance over a tablet or visa versa? I'm looking to put in a Nice GPS in my recreation car and trying to figure out what is best.

Both Wayne and Kristin matlock exclusively use a tablet running LeadNav on it. I personally use LeadNav and Gaia for my nav requirements

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: crazywatson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000