All UTV's Gps recomendations, what say you?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i am looking at the Elite Baja 5m. is it easy to use?

so i want a really easy to use Gps that i can mark camp and map the trail i run. It also has to be a larger screen(no hand held units) and be water proof. I want to mount it to my intrusion bars in front of my spedo on my Maverick.

anyone have an older version for sale? I dont need all of the bells and whistles like the new touch screens.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The Iway 500c is a good unit and they are every where used for around $125.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006OCJ2W"]Lowrance 112-362 iWay 500C Portable GPS Navigator and MP3 Player:Amazon:GPS & Navigation[/ame]

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Mike - I have a Lowrance 5m that I use in both my truck and Teryx. Let me know if you want to check it out.

Easy to use and if I could get up to speed on Google Earth you can upload/download data.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Mike - I have a Lowrance 5m that I use in both my truck and Teryx. Let me know if you want to check it out.

Easy to use and if I could get up to speed on Google Earth you can upload/download data.
Do I need any SD cards for it? Does it come with everything I would need?

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Do I need any SD cards for it? Does it come with everything I would need?
It has some memory, I use a card (I can't remember if it came with one). I use it straight out of the box. You can buy an external antenna (with will update your position at a higher rate), but I've never found a need for it...if your racing it might be a good thing to have.

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
The Baja comes with an external antenna. Like az_amsoil said, not necessary but it can help. As far as memory, they do have a pretty solid amount of memory built in and is easily expandable with the micro SD card slot.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
The Baja comes with an external antenna. Like az_amsoil said, not necessary but it can help. As far as memory, they do have a pretty solid amount of memory built in and is easily expandable with the micro SD card slot.

ok whats the good guy, scratch and dent, poor boy cost on one?

Nas88car

May 9, 2010
ok whats the good guy, scratch and dent, poor boy cost on one?
You can find them on ebay in the $490 range. There is only 1 update program out there that I know of. Its MapCreate 7. You can no longer buy it, but can find them on ebay every now and then. PCI will update a micro SD card for you with an area you want for I belive $100. I have a 5m baja and love it. I also have the MapCreate 7 and uploaded an area that covers Arizona/Utah and Southern Cali that added more stuff. The Baja comes with quite a bit to start with. I mounted it up high under my cage with a weldable mount from Stinkyfab.com
Hope this helps............

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000