Yamaha Gsxr 750 in rhino fuel problems

tucks15

Jul 15, 2013
You mentioning an exhaust leak got me thinking. I bought this engine to swap into my rhino and was told everything I need for exhaust was there. I bolted up the exhaust header to the bolts and just realized today Im missing exhaust gaskets. I can't feel any exhaust leaking but Im guessing that is what is causing part of my exhaust leak. Should have some here in a week or so.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Ya that could make it shoot flames. It still should run though. You might try a new set of plugs in all 4 cylinders and look to see what color the plugs are.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tucks15

Jul 15, 2013
no not yet i tested my fuel pump outside of the housing meaning basically sitting in the tank with the filter on it and 12v power hooked up to it and it pumped about 1300ml in 30 seconds. I've decided to mount it that way instead as the housing or the way I mounted it seemed to limit my flow. I just received an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and am in the process of hooking it all up. I will let you know when I have it all set up, hopefully i have some good news in the next few days….If not Im sure you will hear from me again. Thanks for all your help watson, it's much appreciated.

I've also cleaned my injectors in case that was part of the problem too...

tucks15

Jul 15, 2013
Alright so I finally got my new fuel pump(shipping takes a long time to northern canada), an airtex e2000, installed it and adjusted my fuel pressure regulator to 43 psi. Did a quick flow test and was flowing 1400 ml in 30 secs so I was easily meeting the 1200ml as required by the manual.

Fired up first try, runs great and no longer shoots flames. Obviously I wasnt getting the volume I needed to even start the engine. The flames also were caused by an extremely lean condition.

Here are a few pictures of my project- still a long ways to go, but getting there

Attachments

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Nice. Glad you got it running. You are going to have to do some serious heat shielding to protect yourself and your seats from those headers. I have mine wrapped and they still put off some serious heat.

tucks15

Jul 15, 2013
It may not look it in the pictures but headers are 5 inches away from the seats. Do you think Ill need anything more than to wrap my headers at that distance?

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
I would wrap them and give yourself as much air space as you can between them and your fire wall. You could always come back and put some of the glue on heat shielding on the inside of the fire wall if you think its getting to hot.

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Don't forget to but a little trap door in with a mesh basket behind it so you can cook your burritos!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000