All UTV's Hey Rugged can this be fixed?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i found this all tangled up in the dryer. both speakers kinda work but they have alot of static and very low volume. it has bare wires on both sides.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
That thing is trashed time for a new one! Preferably one that is more of a manly color. Lol This kinda reminds me of when big Mike dropped his headset into the clutch while it was running.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
That thing is trashed time for a new one! Preferably one that is more of a manly color. Lol This kinda reminds me of when big Mike dropped his headset into the clutch while it was running.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

yeah purple if a little fruity for me but i love the earplug speakers and at $100 to replace them i would like to try and fix them first.

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Sorry about taking so long to get to this. We were down in Anaheim for Supercross this weekend.
Precision Labs is the company who manufactures those ear buds. You can send the buds into them and they can fix them for you. Whether or not it will be cost effective, I can't really say, but PM me if you would like their contact info.
Sorry I can't help you out a little more,
Dominick

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
wires with solder and heatshrink is an easy fix. but if the earbuds went through the washer first , that might explain the low volume.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks guys, I am thinking the speakers are toast and its not worth fixing them.

Are there any better style earbud speakers? Ones that can be cleaned, mine looked like ass before the washer/dryer incident.

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Thanks guys, I am thinking the speakers are toast and its not worth fixing them.

Are there any better style earbud speakers? Ones that can be cleaned, mine looked like ass before the washer/dryer incident.
lol well to be honest with you.. I use regular skull candy ear buds like these in my helmet: http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=162&products_id=930
They are cheap, sound great with music, and are fairly comfortable once positioned right. I rode dirt bikes with them for ever because I am a stickler about my sound quality when riding with music, so I kind of just transferred that over.
Other then that, some helmet speakers are a pretty easy and comfortable alternative.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
lol well to be honest with you.. I use regular skull candy ear buds like these in my helmet: http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=162&products_id=930
They are cheap, sound great with music, and are fairly comfortable once positioned right. I rode dirt bikes with them for ever because I am a stickler about my sound quality when riding with music, so I kind of just transferred that over.
Other then that, some helmet speakers are a pretty easy and comfortable alternative.

i have helmet speakers in my helmet but prefer to use earplugs to cut down on outside noise. I can actually hear the motor and suspension better with earplugs in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000