Hi from Australia.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Welcome brother from down under! What UTV do you have? There are quite a few Aussie's on race-dezert.com, but you are the first to my knowledge on here.

ATVOffroad

Mar 16, 2011
Queensland, Australia
Thanks everyone for the welcome, at the moment I own a ATV (Can Am Renegade) but I'm looking at selling it to get into a SxS of some sort. Preferably either a RZR S or a Commander, depending on budgets and where I source one from.

The SxS scene is not as big as the US neither is the ATV scene but it is still has a decent following here. We have lots of government rules & regulations to where we can ride. If you find a 4x4 park that allows SxS or ATV it usually 3 - 5hrs drive away for me anyway.

Some people ride in the state forests and take there chances with rangers and police etc....So it makes it hard here to do the right thing. We have one event on here called the 'Xtreme Winch Challenge' which is backed up by Polaris, so the RZR's run along side with the full size rigs.

Cody Crocker (Australian Rally driver) is leading this event atm.. Polaris here advertise a competition package to help you get into this event / sport.

I have a background of full size wheelin, but bought a house and had a family so that had to go so now the ATV is my toy. But my need for something bigger has made me interested in SxS's instead of getting another full size rig. I have a 2.5 y.o daughter who one day I would like to take out with me.

ATVOffroad

Mar 16, 2011
Queensland, Australia
Howdy Mate, don't let the wanker politicians take away your riding like they do here! Find out how your politicians feel and let them know they have to earn your vote;) I know you have some wonderful outback and some great dunes, so I can only imagine how good the forest riding is! Pictures would be good and look at the new XP900 or maybe the RZR4 (900 will be coming) for a great family ride!
Hi, tell me about it.. I have just joined an incorported orginisation of fellow ATV riders up north from me who are all working together to put the pressure on the people who decide where we can ride and can't ride. Hopefully they'll see the amount of responsible riders with drivers licenses that are serious about changing the rules.

The outback here is more for full size rigs touring around Australia, not really suitable or close to civilization for a weekend ride. We do have racing events that use some of the outback but the rules are still being put in place for SxS drivers before they can become a class. The forests here are great and some of the 4x4 parks are good too. Here are some photos of me on my Renegade and some guys I ride with at our local playground as we call it: Saturday 11th September pictures by ATVOffroad - Photobucket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000