Yamaha how many lights??

mist3rray

pros-what!? - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 11, 2009
OC cali
www.smittybilt.com
wut up guys...

i did a search to find what the stock stator can push out, but to no avail..... unless im blind :D

i want to run either x4 pro-comp 7" slim lights:

i believe they are 100w h-3's

or the x4 pro-comp H11 55watts (non hid) cuz im broke!:

will the stock stator handle it??
school me!

RayRay

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
You have around 200ish watts of left over power after all your lights are on.

Ive run 4 55w lights with out my headlights on and been safe.

BTW, I convereted one set of my 55's to EBAY cheap HIDS, couldnt tell my other 55's were even on.
My .02, buy one set or convert one set to HID, its better light.

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
I had 4 piaa's on mine but the stator couldnt keep up. Go to Kragen and buy some of their HID's they are great if your on a budget.

HIDS

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Your best bet is to go with a pair of HIDs which your stock electrical system can handle with power to spare for other accessories. A pair of HID's with a good pattern will cover as much area as 4 halogens.

If your on a tight budget like you mentioned I would recommend a pair of our Halogen Fuego lights in our Wide-Driving pattern which was designed specifically for UTV usage. We also have complete wiring harnesses to make installation painless and easy. We want to make sure you spend less time in the garage and more time on the trail! We can always upgrade them to HID down the road as funds allow. We are a supporting vendor of the Underground and you can PM me for pricing and availability if interested.

Check them out HERE

RED06

Jan 22, 2009
I recommend running a volt meter so you can monitor battery voltage, if it starts to run low ( under 12 volts ) its time to stop and drink a few beers while your engine idles and your battery(s) gets recharged.

mist3rray

Mar 11, 2009
OC cali
www.smittybilt.com
You have around 200ish watts of left over power after all your lights are on.

Ive run 4 55w lights with out my headlights on and been safe.

BTW, I convereted one set of my 55's to EBAY cheap HIDS, couldnt tell my other 55's were even on.
My .02, buy one set or convert one set to HID, its better light.
thanks hids would be nice..

Your best bet is to go with a pair of HIDs which your stock electrical system can handle with power to spare for other accessories. A pair of HID's with a good pattern will cover as much area as 4 halogens.

If your on a tight budget like you mentioned I would recommend a pair of our Halogen Fuego lights in our Wide-Driving pattern which was designed specifically for UTV usage. We also have complete wiring harnesses to make installation painless and easy. We want to make sure you spend less time in the garage and more time on the trail! We can always upgrade them to HID down the road as funds allow. We are a supporting vendor of the Underground and you can PM me for pricing and availability if interested.

Check them out HERE
thanks i will check them out :)

four checker/kragen lights. cant beat 300 bucks for 4 hid lights!

if you dont want to do a light bar.
do two on the a pillars and two on the bumper. trail logic makes the a pillar mounts cheap.
ROPS mounted Light Tabs
man thats CHEAP... been contemplating this route.

I recommend running a volt meter so you can monitor battery voltage, if it starts to run low ( under 12 volts ) its time to stop and drink a few beers while your engine idles and your battery(s) gets recharged.
excellent idea, will do!

mucho grassy a$$ for all the replies guys!

drewallen42

Jan 30, 2009
On the 08 it has the volt meter in the dash. I just installed my 6th 7inch Checker HID and tested it out. Is below 12 volts when you need to worry?

Turning them on 2 at a time and waiting until the voltage comes up a little I was able to idle and have all 6 HID's on and my factory replacement HID"s plus my quick light whip and I was sitting @ 12.1. When I gave it gas in neutral it went up to 13 and climbing.

So am I to understand that as long as my meter says 12 or more I'm good?

Taylor

Party In The Pines Founding Father - UTVUndergroun
Jan 15, 2009
AZ
www.rigidindustries.com
always inside.........looks clean and less opportunity for damage.

and very easy to do with a fish wire. Use grommets and you are good to go.

Taylor

mist3rray

Mar 11, 2009
OC cali
www.smittybilt.com
Thanks again bro!
its been forever since i used grommets, back in my install days, but those were from the co. haha never had to buy em!

i picked some up at radio shack with some switches for the kragID's.
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000