How many racers are going to run the electronic suspension in the new RZR?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Is the new electronic valving give anyone and advantage on the race coarse? Is there any improvements made on the new RZR that will give an advantage on the race coarse besides the electronic valving?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Great question. Wondering also. Wouldnt you think just a well tuned suspension would be the better way to go anyway ? The "less to break or burn out the better " thinking ?

Ottersberg27

Jan 29, 2017
Id think a system that is constantly making adjustments would take away the predictability in a race vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Most of the racers arent even running the OEM IBP's that come on the current model. We run the OEM IBP's on our race car.

However the new shock does not look like an IBP shock, looks like the RC2 with a BOC. For desert racing IMO the IBP shock is far superior.

I dont see rebound control though. Probably doesnt have it for fear of a shaft folding up.

jimbeaver15

The Down & Dirty Off-Road Show
Apr 12, 2012
Parker, Arizona
I don't think you will see it in the next month in a race application, because you would need to start with a 2018 model to do it as you can't retrofit the system. It's wired into the ecu, steering, and numerous other systems. I know it has been discussed at the show in a desert application and it is very doable. Keep in mind Rob Mac runs a similar system on his Fox shocks on his Trophy Truck... It's coming, just don't expect to see it at V2R unless Johnny gets another wild hair up his ass to do a 1 week build. HAHA.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
We asked the engineers at the dealer show and confirmed there is no rebound adjustment.
I didnt figure there would be, also assuming these new shocks are indeed similar to the fox podium RC2 shocks they will be 2.5's front and rear.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
After spending a few hours in this new machine I can tell you it's impressive. I don't think it's right for a race application but it will make an incredible prerunner.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
That's a solid guess. I took the Dynamix out for some Rally road testing last night. It's really fun to select modes and let the suspension do it's thing.

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Is the round circle on the right (reticle looking thing) the weight of the car as it shifts during driving?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000