How NOT to Drive A UTV in a public setting! WATCH THIS VIDEO

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
OK guys, as I read this thread it's easy to see some are willing to go the extra mile to point out they don't like what they saw.........
........Could the same flamers also say they have a perfect driving record, no speeding? no rushing to make the freeway exit before you passed it? NO moving violations?

Lets compare apples to apples.

A speeding ticket or moving violation in a LEGAL on-road vehicle is one thing...

Driving an unregistered, non street legal, Off-road vehicle at twice the speed limit on a public highway is a whole different situation....not to mention the donuts in the parking lot.

The fact of the matter is that our industry and sport is in the limelight with concern to the eco nazis, land grabbers, and lawsuits. They will take any opportunity that they can to use something against us...this situation is a prime example.

With recent events like the Lucerne tragedy WE ALL, as a family of off-roaders, need to realize that we have to self police and when one of our brothers or sisters gets out of line, help to reel them back in and straighten them out or we will all lose the ability to do what we love!!

Reactions: 1 person

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Recently, we lost over 8000 acres of riding area locally. Why, because of idiots that didn't follow rules, drove recklessly causing an accident and then got in a fistfight with mtn-bikers on a trail.

The OHVers were totally in the wrong, yet they screamed that they weren't out to hurt anyone, just have fun. Well, thanks to them, we lost our riding area, and are under such strong scrutiny by all law enforcement now, like we are all criminals.
Plus, we were trying to get street use of UTV's legalized in NM, but since all this, have basically been told that it probably won't happen because we don't have the support of local law enforcement.

So yes, Frank's actions, being very similar to what happened here locally, do have an effect on ALL OHVers. And it upsets me to see such calloused and ignorant thinking that what he was doing was harmless and just normal.
Joey calling him out on his actions was the right thing to do, as it's every UTVers responsibility to make sure our sport stays reasonably safe, out of the lime-light of bad attention and that we police ourselves. All it would've taken was for Frank to have an accident or run over a bystander and it would've been front page news, causing local politicians and law enforcement to scream out against those terrible OHVers and their evil machines..

I stand by Joey!

bajaleo

Apr 11, 2010
OK guys, as I read this thread it's easy to see some are willing to go the extra mile to point out they don't like what they saw.........

I think most people are just saying there is a time and place for everything. Is there another side to the story of the video, we'd like to here it?

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
First off: Ive had an issue on that forum also. Speeding up and down a road in a RZR AND posting it for everyone to see is a major squid move. Esepcially a high and mighty RZR forum Moderator.

Seconed: Im not a hard core UTV racer as many of you are BUT I love the racing I do get to participate in and this site is great. The best part is that there arent a bunch of people bashing one brand or another... Or arguing over whose 1488cc turbo big bore is faster.

Third: Many Many people have left that site for simalar reasons..

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
SINCE THE CALFORNIA 200 INCIDENT. PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR OFFROADERS TO SCREW UP, SO THEY CAN BAN OUR RIDES & CLOSE DOWN ALL OF OUR RIDE SPOTS. I UNDERSTAND HE HAS A NEW TOY & WE ARE ALL LITTLE KIDS INSIDE. THE PROBLEM IS NOW WE ARE UNDER A MICROSCOPE & IT ISN'T A GOOD TIME FOR THIS KIND OF ACTIONS. BY THE WAY. THE OTHER SITE HAS TURNED INTO A BASH CALI THREAD.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This site was built so that UTV ENTHUSIASTS could come chat, read about the latest events, races, releases, and products & feel comfortable doing so. We push no secret agenda here, we do not discriminate per the vehicle, and we do not support unprovoked vendor, manufacturer, or member bashing.

We get labeled a "racer" site because we cover race events and support racers and their teams, but those who read daily know we are way more than just a racer site. What other forum based UTV site is invited to the the press intros bringing you the latest and greatest information without just copying pasting from other sites? What other site can you go to and read fresh up to date non member driven daily news from in and around the industry and then discuss it? We work hard to provide what I describe as an interactive online magazine.

While we always have and always will cover racing, we are not just a race site. We feature way more enthusiast based news then racing, I just like to have fresh relevant information and racing is a large part of our sport and deserves its fair amount of coverage. Plus there is always cool stories and pictures! hahahahah

Thank you all for supporting this site. This thread was meant to point out a problem we all must recognize and stand against. If we want to see our kids enjoy our sport we need to begin now to preserve it. Driving like tools on public streets is going to get us all shut down. And being banned for speaking your mind against someone who is either defending or promoting such actions is just plain ridiculous. Something you will never have to worry about over here.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
........Could the same flamers also say they have a perfect driving record, no speeding? no rushing to make the freeway exit before you passed it? NO moving violations?

Get off your high horses.........

BTW....Joey there are two sides to every story. I'm not suer it was a professional move to for an admin to stir the pot on another forum then come back here and cry "I was banned" and for the record I banned you not Frank.
Nobody is perfect and has done things they regret.
Is it a professional move to come here and call people names?
Is it a professional move to ban someone for pointing out something that DOES hurt utvers as a whole?

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon

Get off your high horses.........

BTW....Joey there are two sides to every story. I'm not suer it was a professional move to for an admin to stir the pot on another forum then come back here and cry "I was banned" and for the record I banned you not Frank.
Yes Gary I do have a perfect driving record on the street...
and as with a lot of other peeps we are all fighting to keep our riding areas open
and I admit I didn't see the video before FJK made it private, but if he made it private then there must be a reason or something in that video he doesn't want the world to see.
and Gary this is nothing personal with you.
I have had my issues with several post that FJK has made on the RZR & Commander forums...so i just walked away from them. I'm sure he is a good guy, but from the outside not knowing him, I hope I never meet him.
I go with 1st and 2nd impressions and after the 30th impression I still consider him an Arrogant *******...IMO

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
This site was built so that UTV ENTHUSIASTS could come chat, read about the latest events, races, releases, and products & feel comfortable doing so. We push no secret agenda here, we do not discriminate per the vehicle, and we do not support unprovoked vendor, manufacturer, or member bashing.

We get labeled a "racer" site because we cover race events and support racers and their teams, but those who read daily know we are way more than just a racer site. What other forum based UTV site is invited to the the press intros bringing you the latest and greatest information without just copying pasting from other sites? What other site can you go to and read fresh up to date non member driven daily news from in and around the industry and then discuss it? We work hard to provide what I describe as an interactive online magazine.

While we always have and always will cover racing, we are not just a race site. We feature way more enthusiast based news then racing, I just like to have fresh relevant information and racing is a large part of our sport and deserves its fair amount of coverage. Plus there is always cool stories and pictures! hahahahah

Thank you all for supporting this site. This thread was meant to point out a problem we all must recognize and stand against. If we want to see our kids enjoy our sport we need to begin now to preserve it. Driving like tools on public streets is going to get us all shut down. And being banned for speaking your mind against someone who is either defending or promoting such actions is just plain ridiculous. Something you will never have to worry about over here.
WELL SAID JOEY

GIFF-TURBO RZR

Apr 23, 2010
I did not come in here calling anyone names.......look again.
Frank is no stranger to supporting the sport we all love so much........we all
do what we can to preserve it and do what we can to better it. The video taken on the road was
done with another driver not Frank. he was the poster. As for the bandwagon beat down.......

Good luck

I'm outa here

ZTFab

Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
I did not come in here calling anyone names.......look again.
Frank is no stranger to supporting the sport we all love so much........we all
do what we can to preserve it and do what we can to better it. The video taken on the road was
done with another driver not Frank. he was the poster. As for the bandwagon beat down.......

Good luck

I'm outa here

Gary, it's no secret that Frank does a lot for the UTV community but here is where I see the problem. What Frank does is great for the members of the forums and the people who enjoy the sport....no outside party will be influenced by what Frank, or anyone else for that matter, does like donating parts or holding large dinners and rides. None of that will ever matter when it comes to the agenda of groups like the Sierra Club and their relentless pursuit to shut us down.

However, they will use something like those videos as ammunition and leverage against us every chance they can get. Even if Frank wasn't driving the car he still posted the videos and condoned the behavior, along with many people, such as yourself. I don't understand how you guys can begin to think how those actions would do anything positive with the current state of our sport and riding areas. Those videos are public and I will bet that there are little eco-nazi cronies that scour places like youtube for content to bury us with.

Perhaps instead of sitting there and accusing us of jumping on some "bandwagon" you should look at the fact that ALL of our actions in this sport/industry can heavily affect each other.

People need to stop this typical "Ford vs Chevy" mindset and realize that we are all part of a community. The hatred between forums and brand of machine has to stop and we need to unite to take a stand for our sport. Like many, this is not only my hobby it is my livelihood. To see my ability to go riding along with my career come to an end due to the poor judgment of other people is unacceptable.

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
Gary, it's no secret that Frank does a lot for the UTV community but here is where I see the problem. What Frank does is great for the members of the forums and the people who enjoy the sport....no outside party will be influenced by what Frank, or anyone else for that matter, does like donating parts or holding large dinners and rides. None of that will ever matter when it comes to the agenda of groups like the Sierra Club and their relentless pursuit to shut us down.

However, they will use something like those videos as ammunition and leverage against us every chance they can get. Even if Frank wasn't driving the car he still posted the videos and condoned the behavior, along with many people, such as yourself. I don't understand how you guys can begin to think how those actions would do anything positive with the current state of our sport and riding areas. Those videos are public and I will bet that there are little eco-nazi cronies that scour places like youtube for content to bury us with.

Perhaps instead of sitting there and accusing us of jumping on some "bandwagon" you should look at the fact that ALL of our actions in this sport/industry can heavily affect each other.

People need to stop this typical "Ford vs Chevy" mindset and realize that we are all part of a community. The hatred between forums and brand of machine has to stop and we need to unite to take a stand for our sport. Like many, this is not only my hobby it is my livelihood. To see my ability to go riding along with my career come to an end due to the poor judgment of other people is unacceptable.

Very well said! ZTFab Ive been trying to get this point across for a long time over there and I get bashed for it.

ZTFab

Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Very well said! ZTFab Ive been trying to get this point across for a long time over there and I get bashed for it.

You will have a hard time getting most to understand this. The Green Peace Police have most of our community right where they want them....assuming that they aren't paying attention to what we are doing or how we act.

Heck...look at how the liberals have portrayed the horrific shooting in AZ. The media is reporting that it was a crazed Right wing conservative that performed the senseless act and that every Conservative that has commented on the situation has essentially told America to load their guns and carry an extra clip. That couldn't be farther from the truth yet most believe it because it's not being denounced or proven differently to the masses.

Most of those that have commented over there and accuse us of being too critical or uptight are the same ones that will be crying when they can't go riding anymore and wonder why.

Keep posting videos of acting like fools, riding without helmets, speeding through camps, driving these vehicles illegally and see where that gets us. THEY ARE WATCHING WHAT WE DO!!!!!

The funny part is that Gary is accusing people of having a "bandwagon" mentality about this.....I see more of that over there than I have ever seen in my life.

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
My dad (Papa Bear) has been saying this since the early 80's when we went to Glamis a lot as kids and people would say the same thing they say now "I don't get involved in politics, they will never do that" and look politics plays a huge roll in our sport and there is less and less riding areas open each year I agree with you 100%! Lets go ride!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Exactly, well said...

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon

X5...well said...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This type of thread raises awareness, it also shows that most of us wont put up with crap that is going to continue to blacken the eyes of our hobby and sport. I have NEVER said Frank was a bad guy, I have always said that I know he means well, he does as much if not more for that site then the owners do, he throws thousands of dollars at the site and it should be looked at as him doing it for the good of the site and the sport not just for his own personal gain and ego stroking.

Now with that said it is obvious that a FEW of the members over there dont get it. Its not just about Tree Huggers, its about saftey, laws, and govt. Its about regulations and manufacturers being regulated and sued. I dont care if it was Robby Gordon himself behind the wheel, if you do 70 in a 35 with no safety gear, no registration, and no concern for public or personal safety you deserve to be flamed! BOTTOM LINE. Frank says he wasnt in the car? Well I call BS but that is hewre nor there. He posted it along with a host of other bonehead videos showing him driving like a jackhole around a parking lot. At the end of the day no one was hurt or harmed, but again, one falso move by him or another vehicle and this conversation goes from a flame fest to a Fundraiser.....

BLR, Papa Bear, ZTFab, Breven, Darryl, Crowdog, Dune Dummy, etc etc etc....thank you for seeing my post for what it was. Thank God we have members with some friggen sense...lol....Sure I was putting Frank on blast due to a little bit of personal frustration for being banned for speaking against his false rumors and BS and then being banned from their commander site for pointing out the stupidity in his videos but like ZTFab said, UTV's are my life. This is how I make my living, and I want to do this for as long as I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000