How stupid was this?

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
So getting ready for the weekend ride, I changed the air filter. No big deal, right? Well when I started it this morning to load up, a check engine light came on and the darn thing was coughing and sputtering and would not run. What the hell? :confused: Then it dawned on me........ took the filter back out and lo and behold, the rag I stuck in the intake to keep dirt out was still in there.:eek:

Yea it runs better when the intake isn't blocked.:rolleyes:

Sigh.........yup, with age comes senility!:(

PCI Race Radios

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jun 29, 2011
Long Beach, CA
www.pciraceradios.com
So getting ready for the weekend ride, I changed the air filter. No big deal, right? Well when I started it this morning to load up, a check engine light came on and the darn thing was coughing and sputtering and would not run. What the hell? :confused: Then it dawned on me........ took the filter back out and lo and behold, the rag I stuck in the intake to keep dirt out was still in there.:eek:

Yea it runs better when the intake isn't blocked.:rolleyes:

Sigh.........yup, with age comes senility!:(
It happens to the best of us, one of my best was refilling oil without putting the drain bolt back in. I quickly panicked when I saw all the fresh synthetic oil pouring out the bottom and put the bolt back in hand tight. While out on a ride smelled some oil and decided to check the drain bolt and it was half way out.... Never tightened it back up!

At least you got it all sorted out and running right!

Reactions: 1 person

1947_LEVI

Jul 31, 2013
San Juan Capistrano CA
Haha.. definetly would have been embarrasing if you took it in!

During the AVE Pure250 I broke a ball joint causing the wheel to break off, blew a cv, ripped apart the driveline, and destroyed the tie rod. Got everything put back together fast with spare parts out on the course, only to find out 30 miles later we didn't tighten the lugs..... der...

Reactions: 1 person

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
sometimes I point my trucks key fob at the front door of my work office and push the door unlock button.......not kidding

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I$use a bag and starting fluid.

Welcome to the club of guys who have done things like that Fernando, we're glad to have you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000