I built a scatter shield for my Maverick

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I built a scatter shield so that I do not have to use the CVT cover. I also lapped the outer primary to the shaft using valve lapping stuff. I then put Loctite Sleeve Retainer that I bought at Napa on the taper that I lapped in. I started the motor, and then held the outer primary up to the crank and let the motor lap the two parts together. Do this at your own risk. I assume no responsibility for telling you that this is the way that I did it. It took quite a few try tries till I Could finally feel some resistance.

I also put blue Loctite on the primary bolt and then torqued it down with the impact. I ordered one of the good bolts from ///AIRDAM, but it won't be here till next Monday. I also left all of the push pull pins off of the two panels surrounding the CVT area. The seat holds the bottom panel in place, and the bottom panel holds the side panel in place. I can now get to my belt in less than one minute. This will also make it easy to just check on it. I also zip tied a Plan B onto the back of the Maverick.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nice. I did the same thing on a rhino some years back. Lapping the primarry is a good idea however I dont think I would have put the sleeve retainer on. We have had a hell of a time trying to get primaries off of other models UTVs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000