I think it's broke...

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow

Found the problem hahaha! Thanks for the help guys just gonna plate it until I can buy new arms. He just looked and missed it in his initial look around. I wasn't really convinced the bar had broke from the beginning glad it wasn't tho. Now I can get high clearance arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If you can't afford or dont want to buy new rear arms. You could make a steel plate patch with a bolt hole in the middle, and weld it to the back side of the arm. Then make another patch with bolt hole in the center and weld it on the front side of the arm. You will need to buy a longer bolt that will go threw both sides of the arm, making it a double shear point. This would make it 10X stronger and besides a few hours worth of fab, it should not cost you more then a few dollars in material & hardware. If you do any type of fab or welding, you might already have some scrap steel plate laying around.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Yeah that was the plan. I figured I would weld something on the inside of it and call it good for now as I plan to buy new arms in the future. I might plate both sides and put a tube on the inside of it. I'm gonna check out the frame mounts too and see if they need some gussets.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley

Found the problem hahaha! Thanks for the help guys just gonna plate it until I can buy new arms. He just looked and missed it in his initial look around. I wasn't really convinced the bar had broke from the beginning glad it wasn't tho. Now I can get high clearance arms

Called it lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I have been running without it for quite some time now. Ya can ride just fine, just have to take it easier on the turns. It's good for keeping your feet on the ground while rock crawling. I need to ge tg it fixed though

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
It was the first question I asked him did it Brel the trailing arm he was said nope. Lol haha

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Yeah I will probably call you either way haha. I haven't seen it yet since my dad still has it with him. I'll be around it tomorrow if he doesn't look by then. I'd rather replace the bar than rebuild the frame mounts haha.
I'd like to have the adjustability of making it softer or harder. But the bar felt good to me when I drove it.

The Cognito bars don't break, well at least I have never seen one break. In the instructions that come with the Cognito bar, we make suggestions on a couple upgrades to prevent other issues we have found such as the frame gusset I mentioned, gussets for the trailing arms, and we have a heavy duty end link that is really nice and beefy.

We race in the desert, so we find all these issues much faster than a normal enthusiast would.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009

You need this

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I recommend these also. If you pull the boots back on the stock end links, you will see why you need these.

Reactions: tyler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000