I think it's time

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
to replace my mighty 570. As you have all seen that little machine has taken just about all I could put it through, but I think it's had enough of my abuse. It needs a less abusive owner because it still runs great but alas it is getting fed up with me and it's protesting a bit, so it's time to update.
One more rally to go to in June and it's up for sale! I don't think $5000 is too much to ask with all the extras that comes with it.
So, I'm looking into a 900 S because it has the suspension I need. I got plenty of HP to keep up with you slow pokes but I need better suspension for my old and ailing bones. Gotta stay at 60" for my local trails and have a budget ( gotta get a trailer too) so don't try to talk me into a General or Turbo 1000. Aint gonna happen!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Nope. They told me the MSRP was $29K. WTF!!! The turbo MSRP is $24K. Then they told me $22K OTD. No way! I went to Mountain Motorsports and they quoted me $24K OTD with PRP seats and 5 point harnesses. I'm still trying to go lower and want an OTD of ~$21K. Talking with Bert's right now and they are still a bit high but I've read some real bad things about them and their service etc... Not sure what I'm going to do just yet but I think I may hit up NCY and see what they can do. One good thing is Polaris has the 1.99% financing right now if you don't take a rebate. I'm in no big hurry and I'm definitely not an impulse buyer. I'll move when the price is fair. I hate all of this front loaded crap they throw in... freight and prep charges, yeah right.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Just get the best price you can and do your own maintenance..... Don't buy the warranty cool-aid either :/
I agree. Just drive the crap out of it the first 6 months before the warranty runs out. Oil changes and diff fluid changes are super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dkiewicz

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I would probably wait and at least take a peek at what Yamaha is supposed to release tomorrow.

I would also hope for a mid year clutch fix from Polaris as well, or maybe a Camp RZR fix.

Turbos do have a lot of potential though, great bottom end torque and throttle response are what i noticed on the one i drove.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Mountain Motorsports might be your best price. I hear good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Bert's said there is still 1.99% financing and pressed me real hard to put a down payment on it. All four other dealers said that's not true. I feel like they're pulling a fast one.

I really liked talking with Tony at Mountain.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Just get the best price you can and do your own maintenance..... Don't buy the warranty cool-aid either :/
Roger that Garrett. No extended this time. I always do all my own maintenance unless I have to buy expensive special tools.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I would probably wait and at least take a peek at what Yamaha is supposed to release tomorrow.

I would also hope for a mid year clutch fix from Polaris as well, or maybe a Camp RZR fix.

Turbos do have a lot of potential though, great bottom end torque and throttle response are what i noticed on the one i drove.

While it is intriguing, I've learned to never buy anything the first model year. I do want to see what they offer up though.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Go to NCY and ask for Jim his the owner tell him Cisco Kid set yea and that he better give you a dam good deal if he does not let me know ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000