Im about to cut my RZR in half and need advice....

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
In a long quest to get my little 800 to handle the whoops like I want Im pretty sure more wheelbase is needed.

I drove my friends 4 seater and the longer chassis seemed to help out a ton although his machine was new and stock so I didn't really get to beat on it.

I already have good arms and shocks as well as plenty of tuning parts and Im real close now but it still bucks a bit in the whoops.

I have no problem cutting this thing in half and stretching it.
I have the tools and enough fab skill to pull it off.

Im just not sure how much to stretch it...

Whats the perfect wheel base for desert and dune riding ???

I know this is probably just everyones opinion but Im cool with getting the opinions of guys that have driven other machines and the longer 4 seaters aggressively etc...

I know the 4 is 30" longer and the 1k 4 seat is 40" longer than my 800 2 seater.

I was only planning on going 18" longer than stock.

Is that enough of a change or should I be thinking about going even longer ??

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
For simplicity you might want to consider stretching it 30 inches to make it 107 inches to match the RZR4. Then most everything like driveshaft's, carrier bearings, throttle cables & plastic trim pieces can be purchased right from you local dealer.

Or if you are not concerned about those type of items. Maybe stretch it 23 inches making it a 100 inch wheelbase. This would give you a much better ride vs the stock 77 inch wheelbase, yet reduce the chances of hanging up or high centering the RZR4 is known to do sometimes. Also this will give you the chance to add more leg room, plus maybe a storage compartment or a larger fuel tank behind the seat like a buggy.

If I was going to commit to that much work I would at least go the 18 inches you were thinking about as that will put you at 95 inches and that is 5 more inches then the new XP 1000 2 seater.

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000