Kawasaki Impressed with the power the Teryx4 puts down

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Brought the Teryx4 out to Sand Mountain Nevada last week. I had the 28x15 Colorado Components tires and wheels on for the desert stuff, but I also had my race Teryx out for a little testing and tuning. My race Teryx had a set of sand tires from Fullerton Sand Sports. After I was done with our desert ride to Middlegate and done playing with the race Teryx, I decided to swap tires out and play in the dunes. WOW! I was really suprised at how well it duned. These tires are big...smoothies up front and full 26" STUs in the rear. Decided to head over to the mountain and see how far it would climb. To my suprise it climbed about 1/2 way up in 4x4/High. I went back to the bottom and put it in 4x4/Low and made it a little further, but it sounded like it was almost there. Back to the bottom and aired down a bit and boom, all the way to the top! The Teryx4 is completely stock other than tires and the Factory UTV skid plate.

If you have been to Sand Mountain before, you know how hard it can be to reach the top in a stock UTV, let alone a stock four seater that is 1600 lbs. Gave me a whole new appreciation for the performance side of this four seater...

The proper tires make a huge difference, and I really think the float provided by the STUs are key, especially with a heavier four seat UTV.

Here is a video of me climbing to the top and playing in the dunes with the T4:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AlfKfYrw4o]Kawasaki Teryx4 at Sand Mountain, NV - YouTube[/ame]

More images and info from this trip: Sand Mountain - December 2011

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Kawasaki really steped up on there 4 seater. I can't believe the power it had in the sand dunes. I have never liked Kawasaki, but this 4 seater has changed my mind.

Clutch and power steering are key out in the desert.

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
Im impressed too!
Im really beginning to think that the reworked 750 has more than a 15% power increase over the older version. The weight of the T4 & the amount of muscle it has... just feels like it's got plenty of power (its nice race-fast power, but stump-pulling power). Alot of that maybe gear ratio's but I have always liked the Kawie V-Twins, and Im very please with the newest updates they've made to the 750. I love my T4!!!

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Here is a little video showing our Teryx4 in Glamis with newly installed long travel. Shocks still need a little bit more compression (easy with the Fox Racing Shox RC2s), but we were very impressed with how our T4 did in the dunes. The camera car is a RZR XP with Muzzys exhaust and our Teryx4 engine is completely stock. The RZR XP had more speed in the climbs, but the bigger and heavier T4 did very well to not slow the pace down of our ride. New cage by SDR MOTORSPORTS as well as the complete installation of HCR Racing long travel, seats, harnesses.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9cCf9iOsCU]First Dune Trip with Long Travel Kawasaki Teryx4 - YouTube[/ame]

yamaha1

Nov 7, 2010
wow awesome. can't wait to try my T4 with muzzys and Benchmark's ecu reflash at Sand Mountain on Easter break!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I think this might have to be my next toy. I am waiting on the wildcat to show if it is worth it or not and need a family ride. I think the T4 is the ticket for me and desert trails.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Compared to my '08 Teryx engine, the T4 has better throttle response, I hit the stock limit very fast and felt that there was a lot more available, clutch is better, seats are comfortable (especially in the back), power steering is butter.

If I didn't have so much into mine already, the T4 would be a no brainer.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I think this might have to be my next toy. I am waiting on the wildcat to show if it is worth it or not and need a family ride. I think the T4 is the ticket for me and desert trails.
Mike your welcome to come by my place any time & drive my T4 its great. Very roomy in the back seats.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
How would you compare the T4 to the RZR 800 4?
Do you think the RZR has more power a better family dune option? The T4's look better built and more comfortable. I will be upgrading from a Prowler 650 full cage so T4 or RZR 800 4 would be a nice upgrade I just want to make the right pick. Thanks guys

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Wow that's great news. I really like the machine and it looks really built well. I am concerned about the weight to HP's. Now saying that my Prowler weights 1540 lbs with my desert tires and wheels, and when I put on sand tires it takes me every where I want to go except up Patton hill at Gordon's. I really liked the RZRS level of duning but the T4 is a better fit I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000