All UTV's In need of rear lights for racing, blue and flashing amber

tech3sandcars

Tech3 Sandcars
Mar 10, 2009
Oregon
www.tech3sandcars.com
I am in need fairly quick of a supplier that has the blue solid and flashing amber lights in stock that are required for racing, I am using the traditional 2.5"x6" (roughtly) oval light for my other tail lights and my solid amber. Any suppliers or racers that can help out? please post or PM me phone information.

Thanks

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
The lights that are BITD legal are made by Federal Signal... When I got mine I bought them from Jagged X in Phoenix. I don't know if they still stock them or not. I heard that Kartek had them too at one point.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
usually cheaper at truck stops, then get a LED flasher for the Blue.

try superbrightleds.com for the flasher

and maybe e-trailers.com for lights, not sure if they have the blue one, I forgot.

chasethistoo, gets them at a truck stop store near him (glendale?)

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Thanks, I'll check that out. I think I read the rules right, its supposed to be 2 ambers, one flashing and one solid, and one solid blue. Is that correct?
Correct! Here is the exact wording from the BITD rulebook:

LIGHTS: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times][FONT=Times New Roman,Times]All UTV’s and SR1’s vehicles must have a minimum of [/FONT][/FONT]two taillights[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][FONT=Times New Roman,Times], [/FONT][/FONT]two brake lights[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][FONT=Times New Roman,Times], [/FONT][/FONT]two rearward facing amber lights; one flashing, one non-flashing[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][FONT=Times New Roman,Times], and one [/FONT][/FONT]rearward facing blue light, non-flashing. The amber lights and blue light is an attempt to identify the slower moving UTV and SR1 class of vehicle, so that faster class vehicles will be able to recognize that they are approaching a slower vehicle.
UTV Racing Association has approved several amber and blue lights. The best are made by
Federal Signal (Target Tech). Please contact the UTVRA for other approved light suppliers. UTV Racing Association approved lights will also be available for purchase at each race.

twardca

Mar 23, 2010
I just picked a blue one up at Kartek a couple weeks ago and they had them in stock.

breakdown

Oct 8, 2009
You can get the federal signal lights from grainger for much cheaper. They don't have the blue lights though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000